Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A little Problem with the hats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
seanery
The hats arrived Monday, but I'm not 100% satisfied with them.
I'm working with the manufacturer to come up with a solution.
My 1st choice is a complete rebuild...if they do that, they said that
they would like to lose the sandwich tag. (the small 914World.com on the front)

If it's not totally obvious, the sandwich tag is not centered on the hat...well it's centered on the bill, but the bill isn't centered on the cap wacko.gif

I need opinions from those who ordered.

IPB Image
SirAndy
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 13 2004, 09:07 AM)
well it's centered on the bill, but the bill isn't centered on the cap

outsch ...

icon8.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
how the f*** did they mess that up? they do that for a living!
Rusty
Thanksgiving? Whoa... that's quite a while to fix a mistake on thier part.

This is the same company you've used in the past, right? They've done good work before.

Will they discount the hats to you (since they're doing less work with the tags)?
bernbomb914
That sucks They are getting a good price for there hats the work should be correct

Bernie ohmy.gif
djm914-6
Well, if you wear the hats like the punk kids these days, slightly crooked, then the tag will be in front. biggrin.gif

Is it possable to get a discount or additional hat to make up for their screw up?
scruz914
I voted to wait. I could do without the sandwich tag. It's classy but if it is going to be an issue then drop it.

Since the problem is the alignment of the bill and not the position of the sandwhich tag would a misaligned bill have been noticed without the sandwhich tag?

Thanksgiving does seem a long way off after waiting all of this time but I would rather have the hats done right.

-Jeff
mightyohm
Drop the tag.
eeyore
I wasn't to fond of the sandwich tag. Wouldn't be saddened to see it go.

Refund / discount would be a severe PITA, right?
dinomium
we could sell them to those memebers who didn't get onboard intime to order. It could be our clubs "scarlet letter" The off-center logo would tell the rest of the world that you are a worthless slacker and will never finish one of your 914s let alone TWO!
I would wear mine proudly! laugh.gif
GTeener
ar15.gif Why didn't your vendor send you a sample first?

What a waste! headbang.gif

What does the hat look like on a person's head? Is it still crooked?

Will they put the 914World.com on the back instead for no extra charge? If aligning the bill tag is going to be so hard, that would be my compromise recommendation.

~Gwen
balljoint
Thanksgiving was 3 days ago. What's the matter with you people? smile.gif
Rusty
QUOTE(GTeener @ Oct 13 2004, 11:54 AM)
What does the hat look like on a person's head? Is it still crooked?

Wouldn't that depend on the shape of the head wearing it? rolleyes.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif

P.S. Sean has done a lot of this kind of work - I have complete confidence that he'll make the best decisions all around. smile.gif
GWN7
It looks like they centered the [ . ] in .com instead of the LU in club.....
seanery
I'm not sure exactly how this happened, except that someone didn't pay attention to what was going on.
This is the busiest time of year for this, and most consumable goods manufacturers...getting ready for Christmas.

He didn't say for sure when the rebuild date would be, just wanted to let me know it would probably be after Thanksgiving. He said the factory usually will bust their ass to make up for a screwup, so I hope that would move things along for us.

Yeah, it looks wierd on your head, I kept looking in the rear view mirror last night and it was odd.

They offered a discount (refund) of $3 or so per hat...didn't seem to be worth it. That's why I thought the rebuild was the best possible alternative. When we started discussing club hats/shirts/etc...we didn't want crap that people won't wear. I, personally, won't wear this one much in it's current state, which sucks, because I like the design and the color.

I'll pass more info from my rep as I get it. He's taking my pics to his boss to check authorization for a rebuild.
GTeener
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 13 2004, 09:05 AM)
I'm not sure exactly how this happened, except that someone didn't pay attention to what was going on.
This is the busiest time of year for this, and most consumable goods manufacturers...getting ready for Christmas.

He didn't say for sure when the rebuild date would be, just wanted to let me know it would probably be after Thanksgiving. He said the factory usually will bust their ass to make up for a screwup, so I hope that would move things along for us.

Yeah, it looks wierd on your head, I kept looking in the rear view mirror last night and it was odd.

They offered a discount (refund) of $3 or so per hat...didn't seem to be worth it. That's why I thought the rebuild was the best possible alternative. When we started discussing club hats/shirts/etc...we didn't want crap that people won't wear. I, personally, won't wear this one much in it's current state, which sucks, because I like the design and the color.

I'll pass more info from my rep as I get it. He's taking my pics to his boss to check authorization for a rebuild.

No excuse for shoddy work mad.gif

They should also ship for free or include something else with our logo on it like a free travel coffee tumbler or CD case. Whatever is worth $3 each wholesale.

Work it baby laugh.gif
Part Pricer
I'm guessing that most people here would like a good quality hat in a timely manner. Tell them to keep the improperly assembled ones that you already have. Then, tell them that they need not worry about refunding any money if they have them in your hands within two weeks.

But, what do I know? Apparently, I'm a jerkoff.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Oct 13 2004, 10:16 AM)
But, what do I know? Apparently, I'm a jerkoff.

no youre not. you said somethhing insensitive, thats it. we've all done it. youre still ok with me
Rusty
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 13 2004, 12:05 PM)

Companies *do* make honest mistakes, and they've done good work for us in the past. I'm not about crucifying a company for one mistake. Yeah, it sucks we don't have the hats for the FFC... but it's not a part keeping a car deadlined.

Glad to hear that the sales guy is trying to do what's right. PM me the name of the company & contact info, would you? I like working with those kinds of folks.

-Rusty smoke.gif
seanery
This is a hat company, they don't do other stuff, so there won't be any other goodies.
We'll see what happens. Regardless, this will give us better bargaining power in the future.
We are a very, very small player in the hat world, so every bit helps.
They are a stand up company, so I'm sure the outcome will be acceptable.
scottb
put me in the wait for what we bought column...

i tried wearing my hat all wacky down on one side and it made my ear hurt....
SLITS
Voted for "other" - Since the members of this "club" are all off kilter anyway, what's a slightly offset sandwich? You do what you want - I personally don't care. cool_shades.gif
scruz914
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Oct 13 2004, 09:57 AM)
P.S. Sean has done a lot of this kind of work - I have complete confidence that he'll make the best decisions all around. :-)

He has my support. beerchug.gif

Thanks for all of your work on this Sean. Bummer you have to do more than expected.

-Jeff
McMark
I won't mind if the sandwich is gone either. If we get to keep the old ones maybe we can black out the sandwich cream and make it look a little better. confused24.gif
tod914
Sean I would prefer to wait. Without the tag is fine. I like the white piping alot, but I'm not too crazy about the tag.
Whatever is easiest for you is fine. Thanks for the hard work on putting this together for the club. beer.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Oct 13 2004, 09:41 AM)
Well, if you wear the hats like the punk kids these days, slightly crooked, then the tag will be in front.

whoever came up with the idea that baseballhats are "punk" should be shot at the spot ...

rolleyes.gif Andy
Jenny
Wait... I've waited this long already. A couple more weeks (or months) isn't that big of a deal. I have two other Zephyr hats to tide me over until this one's done right. Plus my 914 GURL hat should be on its way soon. I personally like the sandwich bill, but am indifferent on whether it has to say 914world.com on it.

Let's keep the crooked ones for working on the cars, and the revised ones for 914 outings. Will they let you keep the old ones if they do another run?

Jen
apexeric
I lost a bet to my son. The pay out is a 914World.com hat!

I say reorder the hats so every one will be satisfied.

Eric
Toast
The crooked tag resembles a true 914 owner........slightly cooked in the memberane. biggrin.gif

I dont like the tag, I would remove it.
root
As everyone else I'm dissapointed.
Good things are worth the wait.
I say, "hammer the hat vendor for quality, all the way, with the .com"
But Hockey season has started and I really wanted to sport it t the rink! sad.gif

So..... I'll go for after Turkey too without the .com! wacko.gif
smg914
Get the biggest discount you can get and then put the excess in funds towards the brick at Laguna Seca. With an ugly grill like mine, it would be nice to have something on my head that takes attention away from it.
Aaron Cox
i like paul heery's idea of 2 weeks and no fuss wink.gif
spunone
I vote to wait but putting the 914 club on the back of the hat sounds like a cool idea .I've done this with my company hats it looks good.
Site
I ordered 2 hats - one for me and one for a friend. I'd rather not give him a flawed hat. My vote is to wait for the hats to be made correctly.
seanery
why is Paul is jerkoff? confused24.gif
Jenny
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 13 2004, 12:11 PM)

a better question: Why is your avatar twice the size of everyone else's? cool_shades.gif

Jen
Aaron Cox

he said he was. i didnt.

(supersize thread)
seanery
oh, haven't been reading that one.
Part Pricer
QUOTE(Jenny @ Oct 13 2004, 02:13 PM)
why is Paul is jerkoff?  :confused:

a better question: Why is your avatar twice the size of everyone else's? cool_shades.gif

Jen

I may be a jerkoff, but I'm not avoiding a question. biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Oct 13 2004, 12:21 PM)
QUOTE(Jenny @ Oct 13 2004, 02:13 PM)
why is Paul is jerkoff?  :confused:

Jen

I may be a jerkoff, but I'm not avoiding a question. biggrin.gif

ph great! just cuz your an admin, now hes bigger and better than us! REVOLT! la revolucion de 914club avatar!
Meredith
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 13 2004, 12:14 PM)
oh, haven't been reading that one.

You're not missing much, except for some adorable dogs!

Mer
phantom914
I'm just glad that nobody has criticized Seanery's avatar for being too fat.

I didn't step over the line, did I? unsure.gif

Andrew
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(phantom914 @ Oct 13 2004, 12:28 PM)
I'm just glad that nobody has criticized Seanery's avatar for being too fat.

I didn't step over the line, did I? unsure.gif

Andrew

that costs us more bandwidth to run! i hate when avatars use up limited resources laugh.gif

jk@
mikerose
QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ Oct 13 2004, 08:40 AM)
That sucks They are getting a good price for there hats the work should be correct

Yack.gif We should wait for new Hat's
Meredith
I vote to wait for new hats. I have one (with another on the way) to tide me over until it gets here. If the cars can't be perfect, at least the hats should be!

Mer
tat2dphreak
on my blue hat it wasn't centered... idea.gif
ematulac
I vote to wait.

I like the sandwich tag, but as was mentioned in previous posts, getting the text on the back of the hat would be a nice alternative.
PorscheTom
I can wait.

ar15.gif I hate crooked hats.... and the idiots that wear them!

I say take the sandwich tag and put it on the back. That'd be ok!
ArtechnikA
i don't even remember the tag from the 'sample' so i wasn't expecting it to be there. i think it's a neat feature and it'd have been really cool if it had been done right. but i agree it looks just too strange to be acceptable the way it is...

Joy is getting a 'gurl' hat (shhh.... it's a surprise ...) and i have alternative hats as needed, so the wait is not going to be a big deal...

do what you can... and THANKS for the effort !
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Cloudbuster @ Oct 13 2004, 11:49 AM)
I wasn't to fond of the sandwich tag. Wouldn't be saddened to see it go.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.