Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT style door panels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ntrylvl
Hi all,

I bought a set of GT style door panels from Applied Biz Concepts, and I'm finally getting around to installing them today...or so I thought.

I'm not stupid, but I have never installed a set of these on my car, and I like to have some sort of guidance the first time I am doing something. The main issue is that I'm not clear on how to attach the leather strap to open the door.

Has anyone installed these before? If so, any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.
RON S.

Chris,

About 6 years ago, I made my own set of GT door Panels, by copying the GT design off of Pbase.com I made the Panels, leather strap,bezel, everything.

The strap is the trickiest part, that will require some drilling and grinding on the door frame. It will need to be attached with a screw to the door latch arm. When you remove the original pull rod from the door catch, the hole becomes the connection point for the strap. Then the door frame needs clearance holes for reaching the attachment screw, and the exit hole for the strap to pass through.

Below is some old pics I have of my install. Hope they give you some ideas.

Good Luck,

Ron

pdlightning
QUOTE(RON S. @ May 27 2012, 02:10 PM) *

Chris,

About 6 years ago, I made my own set of GT door Panels, by copying the GT design off of Pbase.com I made the Panels, leather strap,bezel, everything.

The strap is the trickiest part, that will require some drilling and grinding on the door frame. It will need to be attached with a screw to the door latch arm. When you remove the original pull rod from the door catch, the hole becomes the connection point for the strap. Then the door frame needs clearance holes for reaching the attachment screw, and the exit hole for the strap to pass through.

Below is some old pics I have of my install. Hope they give you some ideas.

Good Luck,

Ron

Nice job. Thanks for sharing the project.
mb911
Old thread I know.. However anyone have the dimensions of the leather pull strap?
jasons
Didn't someone offer these as kits way back when? I bought one from someone way back when.
mb911
QUOTE(jasons @ Apr 25 2020, 02:09 PM) *

Didn't someone offer these as kits way back when? I bought one from someone way back when.

Someone did but not sure.. I found the pulls but not the leather straps.. I just need the length and width of the leather straps.
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 25 2020, 06:20 PM) *

QUOTE(jasons @ Apr 25 2020, 02:09 PM) *

Someone did but not sure.. I found the pulls but not the leather straps.. I just need the length and width of the leather straps.

Coming shortly,,,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.