Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Soon: Stock 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
I have been seriously bummed about not driving my car.
My carbs to Megasquirt has been Dirk Whited severly, and I have not driven my car for a year.

So.

Last week I contacted Don about buying the engine out of Christine. He said no. But then he said he has a stock 2.0 that had just had the top end redone I could have on loan. We are working out the details, but I am about to have a running car again. I am so stoked! Having a car I can drive will build resolve to actually finish the fuel system on my engine.

Don, you are THE MAN!

Zach
jsayre914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

That is the greatest news Zach !!!!

we can finally race driving.gif driving.gif

biggrin.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ May 27 2012, 05:23 PM) *

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

That is the greatest news Zach !!!!

we can finally race driving.gif driving.gif

biggrin.gif

Race? Hmm, maybe I better send the 2056 out of Christine to make it more fair. Oh wait, you can just out drive Joe. poke.gif
914itis
Yeahhhh ! beerchug.gif Hope to see your teener @ Hershey every year, hope it works out.
jsayre914
When is it gonna be here.?

popcorn[1].gif
VaccaRabite
Working out the details. We are too for see the costs of shipping or may meet somewhere.

Joe, you got your tins powder coated near work? Wanna take mine in for a redo?
Zach
jsayre914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 28 2012, 01:35 PM) *

Working out the details. We are too for see the costs of shipping or may meet somewhere.

Joe, you got your tins powder coated near work? Wanna take mine in for a redo?
Zach

Hell Yeah bro, they love me at the powder coater rolleyes.gif
Id love to have them do my whole car, they do excellent work.

p.s.
your filler neck is in my trunk, and the fuel pump is in my garage next to your engine stand.

shades.gif
Ductech
Zach why's your megasquirt install taking so long?
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Ductech @ May 29 2012, 12:12 AM) *

Zach why's your megasquirt install taking so long?

Long commute. Very stressful job. 2 very young children (infant and 4yo). Wife in grad school at night after work.

When I should be working on my car, taking little chunks out of it here and there, instead I go and play on my lathe or do something else that can be started and finished in an hour or so. Or, I'm not doing anything as I am collapsed snoring on the couch trying to make up for the 4 hours of sleep I'll get before work the next day.

My thoughts are that when I can drive the car, I'll have more motiviation to do car related projects. And I have plenty to do beteen the old Jeep and the 914.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.