Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Polished lug nuts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steuspeed
I decided to throw my lug nuts in my Eastwood media tumbler and polish them while I got my new tires mounted. Used the green media with speed cleaner for a few hours. rinsed that off and added the speed polish liquid. Finished them off with the dry polish media. I don't have a real good before pic, but I'm pretty happy with the results. Thinking about adding new 914Rubber dust caps. Chrome lug pictured for comparison.
euro911
You might try hitting them with some clear. They'll start rusting pretty quick.

I sand blasted mine and painted them with Rustoleum flat black 'Rust Reformer' (my wheels are black)

Click to view attachment
jimkelly
i think your nuts have just the right amount of shine to match the paddles.

if mahles and pedrinis can be brought to a high gloss shine - i'd have to assume these lugs could too?
jim_hoyland
Nice What does the tumbler look like, how $ are they ?
steuspeed
Eastwood is selling their 5lb tumbler kit for 99 bucks. I picked up their polish liquid kit and some corse brown media for nasty rusty parts. I have not used it yet though.

http://www.eastwood.com/5-lb-vibratory-tum...-and-media.html

The only thing I don't like about it is the bowl sits on a long threaded screw and each time you want to pull the bowl off you have to unscrew the clamping knob about 4" and then put it back on. Also, if you don't get the bowl/lid on tight, the whole thing starts going squirly and making a ton of noise. One night I left it on and the next morning it had about 25 feet of power cord wrapped around it.
euro911
Looks like they're currently on sale - $220. Eastwood site
Click to view attachment

Of course, there's always these (less expensive ones) from Harbor Freight. Their BIG one is $170., but use a 20% coupon and it's only $136. aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment

Read the reviews though ...
Jeffs9146
I got one of those and it works but it takes a long time and is very, very noisy! It is not very good at getting into the threads and working out oil though! It also tends to unscrew the top and sand or media ends up all over the place!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.