Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '76 914 2.0 Silver
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
dsmeyer
1976 914 2.0

I am not affiliated with the owner, but I did go and see this car in person.
It is located in Big Rapids, Michigan.
The Craig’s List Ad reads…

Silver with black trim and interior - No modifications.
Fully convertible - Hardtop fits in trunk.
47,000 original miles, near perfect condition - Beautiful.
Garage kept, winter stored, no rain/snow/salt - Ever!
Includes complete set of factory service binders - $1,200 value.

$15,000 Firm - Evenings & weekend by appointment.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/3014163218.html

From the description in the ad, I was hoping to find an all original car that was just a really good cleaning and preparation job away from being maybe an entry level concours show car. Now keep in mind that I am really fussy and my 911 has won its’ class at the Porsche Parade National level concours.

What I found was a really nice, low mileage 914 that would make an excellent weekend fun driver. I didn’t think it was in “near perfect condition”, but again I’m very fussy. The car does have some issues that would be fairly easy to correct. Like almost all Silver Porsches from the seventies, this one has been repainted because the original Silver paint went bad. It looks like they didn’t remove much of the trim when the car was painted years ago. There is some overspray on some of the rubber seals and the windshield trim has some bad sanding scratches but those parts could easily be replaced. The Silver paint looks good but there is a door ding on the drivers’ side that a paint less Dent Doctor could repair. The engine has typical oil leaks, probably most of it from the push rod tube seals, again fairly easy to repair. The Burch muffler has a hole in it and needs to be replace.

Most importantly this car does not have any rust problems or any evidence of any past rust repair. It does have a Dealer Installed VCP air conditioning system. The owner said he never used it. The car is very original with steel wheels and no sway bars.

Compared to this ’73 914 that just sold on eBay for $15,100, I think that this ’76 is just as good if not better. It has lower miles and it is not a 1.7 with a 2.0 engine and some 2.0 trim parts like the ’73 that sold. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewIt...t_135707wt_1730

For anyone that is seriously interested in this car, you can PM me and I can tell you in more detail about what I found with this 914. You can contact the owner directly though the Craig’s List Ad.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Ferg
Thanks for the heads up, I'm heading to that area in July visiting family, and I saw that ad. Sounds like a nice clean example, real tough area of the country to market a nice 914 so you are doing him a good service.

Ferg.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.