Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Land speed racing ...may 18th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
last time i went, i saw a 914 going a bizillion miles an hour.

el mirage dry lake.
contact the
SCTA
southern CA timing association.
Lawrence
A bizillion?

Wow... that's fast.
Dad Roberts
Wished I'd known you were goin Aaron....been wantin to get out there for years. Maybe you woulda liked to drag this ole fart along biggrin.gif ? Can't believe I'm this close and never have been. sad.gif .........Anywho......maybe next time..... Dad
Dad Roberts
OOPS... rolleyes.gif ......ole Dad not payin attention! Ya goin Aaron?? driving.gif
Aaron Cox
as it turns out..i might make it out there...pretty slim chance tho. my uncle owns one of the properties on the edge of the lake bed. he has a 914 parts car that i steal parts from.

ill let you know.

do you need directions? (incase i cannot make it)
Aaron Cox
the next one is......JUNE 18th
Aaron Cox
here is a flyer i got from my uncle....
Aaron Cox
well MR roberts, it turns out i will not make it this time.
but, i encourage you to check it out. the streamliners are so cool! wink.gif and there was a rotary powered teener out there last year.

hope you can make it!
bernbomb914
My first driving.gif experiance on the Dry lakes was in 1948 I rode a whizzer powered bike 49 MPH. It was great fun. That was the start of HOT RODS in So Cal. There were two timing associations compeating then, SCTA and Russeta timing assoc. Many Famous racers got there start on the dry lakes racing ford V8 flat heads. I think I'm getting old.

Bernie driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.