Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New guy to 914 World. Just bought my second one
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
00r101
Hi, just introducing myself. When I was fresh out of college in '79 I bought a '73 1.7. Had lots of fun, learned what lift throttle oversteer was without killing myself. Learned that rust is the great enemy and that a small bank account and high Porsche repair costs do not mix.

Fast forward 33 years. I own a Boxster which I love to autox but don't want to install a cage or rollbar in just for DEs (I refuse to go back on track again without proper safety equipment.) Found an ad for a nice, reasonably priced '74 914/4 track car. Not fast with a small motor but nice solid chassis, full 6 point car, gutted interior and lots of fiberglass body parts.

A quick trip to the bank followed by a 1400 mile trek with trailer and my "new" car is sitting in the garage. See pics hereMy 914 Album on Google+

Hoping to hear about things to watch out for. First thing I need to do is figure out some side-window replacements so the thing doesn't get rain in it when trailering on my open trailer.

I know that there is a Paddock section here but thought this first post should go in the Garage forum.

Regards,
Alan
Cracker
welcome.png

Well, I hope your experience is NOT like mine...it took me a few DE's to work the "kinks" out. A 40 year old car on the track is a taxing process. It sounds like you're off to a great start! I remember that car for sale - up in MN I believe. Anyhow, that car has spent time at one of our Southern tracks - Roebling Road. Definetly a MOMENTUM car - like the boxster. Sharp looking and a good value too!

Tony/Cracker
seanery
welcome to the world! welcome.png

that looks like a pretty clean racer you've got! Nice one!
PeeGreen 914
welcome.png Nice little race car driving.gif Looks like a fun toy beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif Nice lil racer!!! MDB2.gif
JawjaPorsche
Interesting paint scheme! I like it!
welcome.png
euro911
agree.gif Nice car

and welcome.png

Feel free to post any questions if/when you run across something that doesn't seem right ...
hot_shoe914
welcome.png thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
type47
Mid-Atlantic Region? Where abouts? Potomac Region of PCA has events (in fact, one this weekend) at Summit Point Motorsports Park in Summit Point, WV. Check out pcapotomac.org if interested.....
jwhcars
Welcome Alan , Nice looking teener !! You better be bringing it to the autox next month - looking forward to seeing the car.
Jim H
00r101
QUOTE(jwhcars @ May 29 2012, 11:51 AM) *

Welcome Alan , Nice looking teener !! You better be bringing it to the autox next month - looking forward to seeing the car.
Jim H

I will be there on the 3rd then back to the Boxster on the 10th.
00r101
QUOTE(type47 @ May 29 2012, 08:30 AM) *

Mid-Atlantic Region? Where abouts? Potomac Region of PCA has events (in fact, one this weekend) at Summit Point Motorsports Park in Summit Point, WV. Check out pcapotomac.org if interested.....

I am the autocross chair for central pa region.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.