Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Signal Yellow 914s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I'm digging the 70s feel of Signal Yellow right now. I've narrowed whitey's choices down to 936 VW Silver, Light Ivory, or Signal Yellow.

Here are a few pics of some signal yellow cars, does anyone have 914 pics in signal yellow?
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

*EDIT, I removed the 914 pic I put it, it didn't seem like signal yellow to me*
Bruce Hinds
Had a '73 LE about the same color.... loved it! So did the cops....
iamchappy
+ on signal yellow awesome color.
Dave_Darling
Ever since I saw an early tail-dragger in Signal Yellow, I thought it would make a good 914 color.

--DD
914Sixer
Go for the Signal Yellow.
kwlane
Cool color! it's almost orange. I plan to paint my yellow (orignally nepal orange) project car another color other than summer yellow, like signal orange. Just looking at that picture I would have thought that color was signal orange....
seanery
QUOTE(kwlane @ May 30 2012, 01:28 AM) *

Cool color! it's almost orange. I plan to paint my yellow (orignally nepal orange) project car another color other than summer yellow, like signal orange. Just looking at that picture I would have thought that color was signal orange....

It is a bit orange, but side by side they're definitely quite different.
Dave_Darling
Getting an accurate idea of colors from pictures on the web is pretty difficult. There are tons of places where errors creep in...

--DD
Gustl
there was at least on factory M471, originally painted in signal yellow

but I didn't see in in person yet ...

JawjaPorsche
Here are a couple Signal Yellow teeners!
seanery
Are those signal yellow? I'd like to see some better pics. I guess I should check out Gustl's thread!
JawjaPorsche
I could be color blind! They could be signal orange but they kinda look like the picture at the top of the thread. Maybe it is the sunlight hitting the paint. The picture should give seanery an idea of a teener painted that shade. Terry
steuspeed
You could even cover the sail panels in stainless. Laser cut some fake vent slits or add targa badges. That might be too much? Someone could photoshop it.
Gustl
the cars in these pics above are definitely signal orange (1410, L20E)

signal yellow looks different
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gustl @ May 30 2012, 02:12 PM) *
the cars in these pics above are definitely signal orange (1410, L20E)
signal yellow looks different

agree.gif
seanery
ooh, theres a new owner on the bird, says its signs yellow, ill have to borrow the pics.
seanery
The new owner of this 72 is really enjoying it, and says its signal yellow. I'm not sure if it is but it looks nice!
Jakeodoule
My vote would would be Nepal Orange...
Click to view attachment
Bruce Hinds
Is this signal yellow?
Click to view attachment
seanery
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ May 31 2012, 10:53 PM) *

Is this signal yellow?

I don't think so, but it's an old photograph. confused24.gif
tadink
All of these pale in comparison to Blood Orange / Tangerine - the very best color for both tail draggers and teeners!
seanery
my problem with any of the oranges is just there are far too many GT flared orange cars. Not that there's too many, but orange is just a popular color right now. I'd like something correct to the era, and the signal yellow is definitely more of a rare shade than light ivory or silver.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.