Full Version: steel wheel question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
it appears the sport steel wheel is 15x5.5

and the non sport wheel is 15x4.5 and can take a hub cap

is this correct?

per auto atlanta
http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/p...arts/601-05.php

FWIW - i called two powder coating shops in DE and one wants $100 per wheel and the other wants $150 per wheel to blast and coat - i had no idea how costly this was.
sixerdon
Correct.
However, there is another "non-sport wheel" that is 15x5.5 which was available through '73 that can also take the same hub cap.
The "sport" wheel is called the Lemmertz GT wheel and was standard on '74 through '76 and received a black plastic center cap.

Don
mepstein
QUOTE(sixerdon @ May 29 2012, 07:51 AM) *

Correct.
However, there is another "non-sport wheel" that is 15x5.5 which was available through '73 that can also take the same hub cap.
The "sport" wheel is called the Lemmertz GT wheel and was standard on '74 through '76 and received a black plastic center cap.

Don

I have 5.5 steel wheels on my '71 and they have hub caps.

Thanks for explaining the variations. Mark

rhodyguy
if the Les Schwab thing works for me you'd money ahead to ship them to me and have me take them in for coating.

k
mepstein
Jim - I have a call in to my guy - www.prestigepowder.com They are very reasonable on pricing. I've used them before. I'll let you know.
rhodyguy
$25.34 each + tax. incl blasting and boxes. sending you a pm jim.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.