Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dear Pick and Pullers - please keep an eye out for -
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
see pics

i need 3 of these if you run across any

** i'm only looking for metal brackets - i have 3 mirrors without them.

thanks
jim
RonnieJ
I have two on my 914 but I am looking for originals mirrors for mine.
mepstein
If this is one and Scotty still has it, it's all yours. Mark
Dave_Darling
Let me check my stash. I have the mirrors and brackets; not sure if I have extra brackets.

Oh, BTW: There were versions of the mirror that had the base (the part that goes over the bracket shown in the photo in the first post) made out of plastic, and versions made out of metal. I was able to upgrade from a local wrecker's at one point.

--DD
jimkelly
thanks everyone!

my guess is the junk yards are full of cars with these brackets on the doors but absent of the actual mirror : )

jim
hot_shoe914
I have those on my LE and hate them.
unpolire
QUOTE(jimkelly @ May 29 2012, 09:01 AM) *

see pics

i need 3 of these if you run across any

** i'm only looking for metal brackets - i have 3 mirrors without them.

thanks
jim
I have a BOX of these somewhere, as in restoring many of my Alfa Romeos, these mirrors were the most popular upgrade from original chrome Vitalonis on early cars, and this particular black plastic Vitaloni style, with plastic or metal bases, have been standard on Alfas for years. Try any Alfa supplier for the brackets. It might take me years to find my box!
jim_hoyland
I see them at the bi-annual G&R Swapmeet all the time. Usually at the bottom of a box filled with misc parts. The Vitaloni mirrors work good on the 914 and a shade smaller than 911 flag mirrors, plus they are 10x easier to mount. Used them. For many Yeats. Too bad they stopped production, the price s were reasonable
jimkelly
thanks guys beerchug.gif
LotusJoe
The mirrors are still available at $80.00 each. I sent the guy an email to see if the mounting hardware is still available. I've bought vintage mirrors from him over the years.

http://www.talbotco.com/

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.