Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what's the story with this steering wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
the back side of the center is weird and there is a little spring with non ferrous contact point on the inside end coming out the front of the center portion. then i found another one with the # 914 347 805 11. wasup?

k
r_towle
cant see the back, but that is spring is a horn contact.

rich
markb
70/71 wheel
rhodyguy
back shot. there are no threaded holes to attach anything to. there are 6 small threaded holes in the center section.Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
oops the holes are threaded. where's the edit button?

k
carr914
If you want to sell it let me know please

T.C.
OU8AVW
T.C.'s radar went off! That may be something special biggrin.gif
scotty b
it's amazing what google will tell you with the first search result......................

stirthepot.gif

poke.gif

slap.gif
seanery
in regards to 911 RS Steering wheels

Along with the most common part # 806 10, an RS could have come with 805 11 and even 805 10 (which is actually an 914-4 wheel but it has the correct hub with countersunk and tapped holes).

The part # on the box of my NOS wheel you mention is a mid to late 70's part # that superceedes the previous PET part #.

The RSR wheels I have seen are 803 10, which is a hard rubber core wheel with felt and padding covered with leather.
gms
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 29 2012, 02:16 PM) *

the back side of the center is weird and there is a little spring with non ferrous contact point on the inside end coming out the front of the center portion. then i found another one with the # 914 347 805 11. wasup?

k

I added a bunch of info on the different 914 wheels, read this thread and you will know the differences.
Early 911S Registry
rhodyguy
or digging out the old AA catalog. shows #914 347 805 11 Leather Steering wheel 1972 914-6. the one ending in 805 10 isn't listed and the #s for 4 early cars end 090 10 and 091 10.
Gustl
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 29 2012, 08:52 PM) *

back shot. there are no threaded holes to attach anything to. there are 6 small threaded holes in the center section.Click to view attachment

as you learned above, this is a 1970/71 leather steering wheel for the 914-4

therefore you need to attach this black thing (sorry ... don't know its name):

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

and there are 4 little screws to mount it on the steering wheel - I put red circles around the mounting holes:

Click to view attachment

when using it this way, the horn contact is made with the little brown cable

when using it on a 914-6 you will need the horn contact with the spring (as shown in your post); but ... originally it should look like this:

Click to view attachment

914Sixer
Most of the early wheels 70/71 were drilled for BOTH the 4 and 6. The counter sunk holes allow you to use the 911 cancelling plate used by the -6. Four circled holes are for mounting the -4 plate and using the long horn button as shown above. Then they could stamp what ever number they needed in the wheel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.