Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Coupe
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
Saw this picture on Facebook this morning...thought I would share. It looks interesting with the Sheridan front end.

IPB Image
SirAndy
That looks like a 9eleben with a 914 Sheridan nose ...
confused24.gif
URY914
I saw it on Flickr and asked the guy for more pics of it.
carr914
Looks like Ass barf.gif
'73-914kid
Part of me is attracted to it... I don't know why..maybe it's the Just the Martini paint job though. Looks kind of like they molded a fiberglass Boxster fastback hardtop on to it.
URY914
My Flickr friend responded with this..........

"He bought this in, I think, 2008, from New Mexico. It was white, but with all the fibreglass body panels (minus the buttresses) in place. It started life as a regular 4cyl 914, but the previous owner had installed a 911 engine and had set it up for racing. My boss painted it silver, and I actually applied a large amount of the decals. Most of the parts have been replaced/upgraded since he bought it - new suspension, diff, etc. etc. The buttresses are the newest addition. They don't add much weight, just a few pounds, and it does make the often awkward 914 design rather more palatable. He decided to name it the 913, the car Porsche never made :-)

He used it for the past several years for racing at the nearest proper road course track, but since winning a chequered flag, he's concentrating more on slalom."

Actually, here's an in car video from this very event last Sunday:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPpJV_U7UOI&list= UUIAvuB4U_wC...

You can see some other in-car videos on his Youtube channel.

Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
The car is in Hampton, New Brunswick, Canada,
seanery
seeing that it's not permanent, I think its interesting...although a bit odd, I wonder what made them decide to try it?
bandjoey
A Twisted Sister 911.... blink.gif It'd take a little getting used to but to drive a fast one like that, guess I could get used to it.
scotty b
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 29 2012, 03:11 PM) *

Looks like Ass barf.gif

agree.gif barf.gif
dlkawashima
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 29 2012, 05:47 PM) *

The buttresses are the newest addition. They don't add much weight, just a few pounds, and it does make the often awkward 914 design rather more palatable.

So ...... buttresses like a Fiero GT ...... no rear glass (or is the 914 rear window still there)?

Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
It's like painting a 911 on the side of a VW bus...but I always thought THAT looked kinda cool.
Saw one once towing a 911 that had the same paint scheme.
McMark
I have a 911 roof section at the shop and toyed with the idea of making a hybrid. Then I realized I had WAY more important things to do with my time. wink.gif

I don't think it's horrible.
c/s914
bye1.gif

I'm the owner IPB Image

I was waiting to smooth out the shape a bit better before springing the "913" on the world but as the "cat is out of the bag" so to speak ...here is more or less how/why I came up with the idea.

You see I've never been one to leave well enough alone
...turning a BMW 325e into a M3 clone, putting a "V" grille on the front of my wife's Audi TT, and of course one of my pieces d'la resistance the infamous BMW X7
IPB Image
...Where I keep reading lips everywhere I go "BMW makes a minivan?"

Anyway, so one day while walking by my C/S 914 autocross car carrying a piece of blue bristol board I noted that it was the exact same shade of Gulf blue. Having just had a ride in a friends 328GTS I started wondering how that shape would look on the teener?
IPB Image

But of course adding anything like that to a Stock class car is a no-no, but it got me thinking about what I could do to my 914-6 Road racing car (seeing that they grouped me in GT-1 because I had roll cage structure around my front mounted fuel cell making me what they called tube framed IPB Image, yeah right...) So I got to chase after cars like this on the track: http://youtu.be/uU2QBEnFXuM

So the rebel in me decided to have some fun as I was placed in the highest class of racing (which is the catch all class anyway) so why not create something that may not be as fast as the 600hp Corvettes but would certainly make people notice me IPB Image
Thus was born the "913" which morphed from this:

IPB Image

to this:

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

I just can't decide whether to leave well enough alone now or to lose the signal light humps to really confuse people IPB Image

S.Chapman
New Brunswick, Canada

(pictures by Gordon, Harold, Kevin... Thanks guys!)
smj
I think it's fine - but then I'm weird, I like my slant nose six and intend to keep it that way.

If you missed the Excellence article years back on Ron Mistak's 911 GT1 look-alike built up from a tube-framed 914, have a look at this photo. Then plug his name into a search engine...
Dr Evil
Lines kind of like a new Nissan Z, but I do kind of like it. That BMW van is great! thumb3d.gif
jsayre914
agree.gif

I like the look, leave it alone.

Nice Job
beerchug.gif beer3.gif
Thestigz06

QUOTE('73-914kid @ May 29 2012, 04:32 PM) *

Part of me is attracted to it... I don't know why..

smash.gif
EdwardBlume
959 headlights and you've nailed it!
Dasnowman
lol you must be like me you get board so you keep changing stuff and also want something different so people at first glace are what is that
... I like both before and after.
rnellums
Is that an Ice Green metallic shark I see in the background?
c/s914
QUOTE(rnellums @ Jun 9 2012, 10:22 AM) *

Is that an Ice Green metallic shark I see in the background?

More of a pale blue whale...

IPB Image

S.Chapman
913 (Martini race car)
914 (Gulf solo II car)
924 (well actually it's a 944 soon to be GTS clone)
URY914
welcome.png beer.gif
c/s914
I've been here for a while but just lurking shades.gif

I'm also known by A/SP911 on that "other" webboard...

Stacy
zymurgist
Looks like a 914 style Cayman to me.

welcome.png
PanelBilly
The style works for me!
ClayPerrine
I have always had this weird idea lurking in the back of my head.....

Take a front wrecked 914, and a rear wrecked 911 Targa of the same year and graft them together. Put the six in it, and call it a 197X Boxster.

Considering all the common parts, it should be somewhat easy. Match the shifter locations, splice the doors together, and graft the windshield hoop from the 914 onto the 911 front end. That way you keep the 914 top that fits in the rear trunk.

But I am not a body man, and don't have the required skills.

c/s914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 10 2012, 01:46 AM) *

I have always had this weird idea lurking in the back of my head.....

Take a front wrecked 914, and a rear wrecked 911 Targa of the same year and graft them together. Put the six in it, and call it a 197X Boxster.

Considering all the common parts, it should be somewhat easy. Match the shifter locations, splice the doors together, and graft the windshield hoop from the 914 onto the 911 front end. That way you keep the 914 top that fits in the rear trunk.

But I am not a body man, and don't have the required skills.

I bet the inventor of photoshop had a bunch of these weird ideas rolling around in his head too and needed a way to express them aktion035.gif

The only suggestion I have is that seeing that they have the same front suspension you might be better off finding a Chalon kit but changing the slantnose to regular 911 fenders ...keeping in mind that the wheel arches are round on the 911 and squarish on the 914 though idea.gif

The only thing 911 (besides the engine)
IPB Image

in my "913" ...was where I traced my 912 popout rear window onto the sail panels. Actually, if you notice the picture with the checkered flag the window is more pointed which is the original Porsche shape. To try and balance the shape out a bit i've been adding black tape and seeing what it looks like from different angles as per the rest of the pictures.

When I finalize the shape I am going to cut out a vent in the depression to make it more functional sawzall-smiley.gif

Yours in Motorsports
S.Chapman
c/s914
BTW kinda off topic (certainly nothing to do with Teeners, sorry) but demonstrating how a change to a B or C pillar can drastically alter a vehicles look ...do ya wanna see something really neat?

You see before I created the "913" ...I created a M3 clone from an old 325e:
IPB Image

Now everbody knows what a Coupe model of any manufacturer looks like, right? For the most part 2 doors and a trunk like shown here by a BMW M3:
IPB Image

...and everybody knows what a Audi Coupe, UR Quattro Coupe, and UR Quattro Sport looks like right?

IPB Image
IPB Image

I certainly do as I have owned three, and even though it has a trunk that flips up instead of what looks to be a hatch, I always have had a problem with calling them Coupes as they just have so much of a different body style ...or so I thought.

You see when researching of whether or not I could put the roof cap on the suedo M3 (The E30 M3 has a slightly larger C pillar than the standard E30) I started playing with MSpaint and came up with this:

IPB Image
With just an extra little bit of sheet metal Tada! ...a BMW UR sport!

We'll let me tell you if I had the time I would have grafted these flanks on my wannabe M3 in a heartbeat just to mess with people's heads more than my BMW X7 minivan already does blink.gif I even have a license plate all thought up... UR2SLOW

IPB Image

S.Chapman
You guys are going to wish I stayed a Lurker screwy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.