Greetings,

I'm on the hunt for a 356, and that means my 914 needs to give up its garage spot. Overall it's a great turn-key driver. Nearly everything works, and it looks much better than most 914s.

Some details:

1973 914 with a fuel injected 1.8 & side shift transmission
Stainless Steel heat exchangers
Koni Shocks
Chassis reinforcement kit installed by PO
Fuel pump relocation kit installed (prevent vapor lock)
Hot start relay installed on Starter motor
Fuse box upgraded with Jwest kit from Pelican - now uses modern blade fuses and is well labelled.
Riviera wheels
Has cool french yellow headlights
Euro lenses all around with proper euro lights beneath
Euro rear badge "914-VW-Porsche"
(I don't know if it's actually a european car, the prior owner claims that it is, but it never mattered enough to me to confirm) The speedometer has definitely been replaced, so could have been KPH originally.
I have no way to confirm the miles, but it currently reads 4x,xxx and works.
Stainless steel sail panel covers
Many new seals and etc.
Runs like a top
Everything works, except for the turn signal self canceling.
Yes, the modern stereo is kind of a bummer, but it was there when I got it and it sounds great, so I never removed it.
A nice dry car with original pans, can still be jacked from the rockers. (I won't say virtually rust free :) There are some spots at the back of the rear trunk)
Was originally that crazy neon green/yellow color, the repaint to black is older (10 years?), but looks quite nice. There are a couple of small bubbles under the paint in a couple of areas, and one spot in the rear quarter that is cracked. However the car is quite solid and doesn't sag and the doors open and close nicely, etc. I suspect paint prep issues caused the paint flaws.
I have the side markers. They are removed from the front and the holes are covered by the martini stickers, however the lights are included with the car.
The throwout bearing is noisy, and has been noisy for a long time.

It's not perfect, but it's a very nice car. I'm open to offers, asking $8500.

Feel free to call me with questions, I'm in Orinda, and I can be reached at 612.518.1206

-Anthony

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article

THIS IS NOT A 914WORLD AD!
Do not reply to this thread! No one is listening!

Click on the "View the full article" link above to go to the actual Ad!