http://www.flickr.com/photos/marc9146/sets...57629940676442/

beerchug.gif Gust
ConeDodger
Cool! Thanks for sharing Wolfgang!!! biggrin.gif
Valy
Interesting mirrors on those two:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/marc9146/7287...57629940676442/
jeeperjohn56
Thanks for sharing,nice looking country side and look like it was well organized. Was it a three or four day event? John driving.gif
seanery
there are some nice cars there!
dlkawashima
QUOTE(Valy @ May 30 2012, 10:06 AM) *

Looks like a BMW 2002 mirror on the right:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...BMW_2002_NY.jpg

IPB Image
Click to view attachment
struckn
QUOTE(seanery @ May 30 2012, 10:03 AM) *

agree.gif

Interesting that most of the cars lack hood Emblems and side stripe PORSCHE stickers where as in the US we embelish and add the stickers. Not that there is anything wrong with that either way.
jsayre914
Great pics, thank you
smile.gif
seanery
QUOTE(struckn @ May 30 2012, 03:36 PM) *

QUOTE(seanery @ May 30 2012, 10:03 AM) *

agree.gif

Interesting that most of the cars lack hood Emblems and side stripe PORSCHE stickers where as in the US we embelish and add the stickers. Not that there is anything wrong with that either way.

I wonder how much of that is due to the fact that they were VW Porsche over there and not just Porsche like over here? confused24.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ May 30 2012, 06:37 PM) *

Was it a three or four day event? John driving.gif

it was a four day event

here are the official promo pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

johannes
QUOTE(Gustl @ May 30 2012, 08:04 AM) *

hi all,

last weekend there was the big international 914 meeting in Belgium

I didn't attend, but I just found this link to 400+ photos on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marc9146/sets...57629940676442/

beerchug.gif Gust

You missed the meeting once again !!! ...
Next year no excuses !!! It will take place in austria. I expect to meet you at last !...
bye1.gif
Valy
QUOTE(Gustl @ May 30 2012, 02:18 PM) *

QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ May 30 2012, 06:37 PM) *

Was it a three or four day event? John driving.gif

it was a four day event

here are the official promo pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Is that Tintin in a 914?
The add is cooler than the event, at least for me.
This gets added to my Tintin collection piratenanner.gif
siverson
> Next year no excuses !!! It will take place in austria.

That looks like fun. Maybe I'll try and make it over...

-Steve
RiqueMar
Wow! I'm so jealous! Awesome photos!

I'de love to ship my car over there for a month or so, attend that event, and just do a European road trip!

johannes
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ May 30 2012, 02:11 PM) *

I'de love to ship my car over there for a month or so, attend that event, and just do a European road trip!

Why just not try to rent one ? ...

w00t.gif
ndfrigi
Gust, Thank you for sharing! It really shows that 914s are being loved internationally! God Bless!!!

Noel
bcheney
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ May 30 2012, 06:14 PM) *

Gust, Thank you for sharing! It really shows that 914s are being loved internationally! God Bless!!!

Noel

That is the best group of pics from a 914 event that I have ever seen. Cool variations, countryside and colors. Thanks a for sharing a fantastic event with us!
1970 Neun vierzehn
WOW w00t.gif

Neat event with cars ranging from box-stock to fairly modified. It looks like everybody had a fantastic time with gorgeous weather and beautiful scenery. The 914 looks so natural in a European setting, whether it be France or Germany or Austria or Italy or Belgium or....

Thanks Gust for posting and sharing this with us. beerchug.gif clap56.gif

Paul
Gustl
QUOTE(johannes @ May 30 2012, 10:21 PM) *

You missed the meeting once again !!! ...

i know, i know ... sad.gif

there is still a lot of work on my teener to do before I could take such a big tour

QUOTE(johannes @ May 30 2012, 10:21 PM) *

Next year no excuses !!! It will take place in austria. I expect to meet you at last !...
bye1.gif

that's my plan - I'm working on it
driving.gif

dlkawashima
QUOTE(struckn @ May 30 2012, 12:36 PM) *

I have to disagree. Going through the images again, there's a whole raft of pictures of cars with hood emblems ..... at least 15 different cars with the Porsche crest on the hood. And there are plenty of other pictures of Porsche side stripes, trunk emblems, rear reflector panels, etc. Comparing this group to the cars that attended WCR 2012, there were more cars with the Porsche crest in Belgium than there were in Monterey.
76-914
914's must be more reliable over there. I didn't see one tow truck amongst all those teeners. biggrin.gif
seanery
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 31 2012, 10:13 AM) *

914's must be more reliable over there. I didn't see one tow truck amongst all those teeners. biggrin.gif

Wasn't there one on a trailer? wink.gif
KELTY360
What a cool event!

The pics got me to wondering about the differences between US and Euro cars when it comes to bumpers. Did the Euro cars get the tits in '73 & '74 and then the BUBS in '75 & '76 or was that strictly US?

I can't help but notice how much cleaner the lines of the car are without the front side marker lights.
Gustl
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 31 2012, 07:52 PM) *

Did the Euro cars get the tits in '73 & '74 and then the BUBS in '75 & '76 or was that strictly US?

Euro cars didn't have the tits at all - neither front nor rear

the 75 model came with the big rubber bumpers

no 76 models in Europe

drummerboytom
QUOTE(struckn @ May 30 2012, 11:36 AM) *

Hood emblems were a dealer addition popular in the US .
No 914 ever left the factory with a hood emblem.
drummerboytom
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ May 30 2012, 09:37 AM) *

Thanks for sharing,nice looking country side and look like it was well organized. Was it a three or four day event? John driving.gif

Friday evening to Monday lunchtime
drummerboytom
QUOTE(siverson @ May 30 2012, 01:54 PM) *

> Next year no excuses !!! It will take place in austria.

That looks like fun. Maybe I'll try and make it over...

-Steve

QUOTE(RiqueMar @ May 30 2012, 02:11 PM) *

Details for 2013 in Austria here :
914 International 2013

see you there aktion035.gif

3d914
Very cool event & lots of beautiful teeners. I just grew my background slide show significantly. beerchug.gif

The only thing missing is the sound of all the wonderful 914s!
Tom
Anyone else notice the black 914 on page 3 line 6, third pic in that row. Looks like it was made into a convertable. Lots of nice cars and beautiful countryside. Thanks Gustl!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.