Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Rims From The "DR."
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
74GoKart
Couldn't make this shit up...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2414053157
Mark Henry
OK, I don't really get your point.

You don't like them? That's a matter of taste.

To much coin for you? Well I know a couple of rice boy's around here running on a couple of grand worth of rims.

You know where to get them cheaper? Ahhh, that's a different matter, please share your info.

I'm not a big fan of the doctor, but they are a 17" rim that fits on a narrow body. Some guys may be interested.
I'm not in the market this year, but I would like to know the offset/backspacing.
Mark Henry
Hmmm... One thing I did notice, no center caps!
Mueller
You can also get them at Discount Tire/Americas Tire or Tire Rack.....you'll have to find a good saleperson, but they do import and sell them for sure.

Or try this place, he's been selling this brand for years and years:
Revolution Wheels

That is a decent price from AA for what it's worth. I thought TTRS wanted 240 per wheel when I was looking into them.

What's funny about the AA ad is that they could at least install them on a car for the picture instead of doing a Photoshop trick...it's cr@p like that that makes me not trust a company (do the rims fit?, "yea, look at the picture")

35mm offset

And to me, those do not look chrome but are instead a bright silver....big difference. IMHO, chrome belongs on bumpers, not on rims smile.gif
Mark Henry
I didn't notice the photoshop trick, that I don't like for sure. If your going to sell them as for the 914 you better make damn well sure they fit! <_<
If you have to pull or roll fenders then say so.

Just when my opinion of AA goes up a notch it gets knocked down two more!

Take a hint George! -_-
Aaron Cox
they look awright. the photoshop trick sucks. 17x7 fits w/o rolling fenders?
74GoKart
Yes, that was what I was getting at. The photoshop job is really shitty. How much trouble would it be to put the rims on for a shot if they fit so well? ALso, if I were trying to run a professional business, I would try to get the image of the car correct instead of reversing the image.
"EHCSROP" WTF??
Dave_Darling
Look at the side stripe on the LE. Notice what it says. Spell it out carefully--then look at the "mystery letters" in the title...

Yeah, I had to look a couple of times before I realized that they had played a second photoChop trick.

--DD
rick 918-S
Those aren't Chrome!There sim-chrome spray painted. I used to spray that stuff into old tail lights to restore the reflectors. We just bought 17" X 7" 4 bolt wheels for $ 800.00 included tires and lugs.

wheel deals
Lawrence
Well, if you look at the other thread, AA has set up a forum.

Go ask them about their PhotoChop (hehhe DD) antics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.