Full Version: Chocolate 914's?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I was cruisin Ebay and ran across This
seanery
mmmmm......chocolate drooley.gif

a little pricey though
GTeener
Ferget the chocolate. I want to buy the mold!

The hamsters are spinning my creative gears laugh.gif
bryanthompson
mmm, delicious!:drooley:

Do ya think he got that rust-flavored chocolate?
Root_Werks
biggrin.gif I wonder if they could do that chocolate outside with a peanut butter flake (rust) inside? Extra flaky around the battery area of course. wink.gif
Meredith
At 15 bucks a pop, I wouldn't want to eat it. It would probably just sit on my shelf turning white and attracting dust bunnies. I like the idea, though.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Meredith @ Oct 14 2004, 09:16 AM)
At 15 bucks a pop, I wouldn't want to eat it. It would probably just sit on my shelf turning white and attracting dust bunnies. I like the idea, though.

Hijack - Mer, did you ever talk your dad into getting you a 914? Just remembering posts from a while back. smile.gif
Meredith
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Oct 14 2004, 10:36 AM)
QUOTE(Meredith @ Oct 14 2004, 09:16 AM)
At 15 bucks a pop, I wouldn't want to eat it.  It would probably just sit on my shelf turning white and attracting dust bunnies.  I like the idea, though.

Hijack - Mer, did you ever talk your dad into getting you a 914? Just remembering posts from a while back. smile.gif

Nope. It's probably not going to happen, but I'm okay with it. I've been given a lot already, and a 914 isn't necessary (yet). biggrin.gif

Mer

(Hijack over)
GWN7
Actually there will be chocolate 914's available for the holiday season. I will be doing them in both white and dark chocolate. They will be less than what's in the ebay ad. (I have nothing to do with it). So you can eat and enjoy them.

To do food stuffs, you need a special molding material and it's expensive.

Ask me how I know. wink.gif

BTW I make 914 candles & soaps (info in the resources section)
skline
Well, I would be interested in a quantity of them if you make them. Let me know when you get started and I will let you know how many I need depending on price. I want to hand them out to my clients the first week of December with cards and other stuff I usually give out. I think it would be a nice touch and a good way to spark interest in our cars.
GWN7
They will be the same size as the mini soaps. That way I don't have to make a new master to make the chocolate molds from. The soaps weigh about 40g so the chocolate ones will weigh about the same. I'm looking for a wholesale place to buy the chocolate from. They will look like this (but in chocolate) smile.gif

I will do the bigger ones (shown in the resource section, same size as the big soaps) also upon request.
Jenny
Those look like 914 jujubes! Yum! chowtime.gif

Jen
GWN7
Jujubes and Gummi worms are made in cornstarch molds. I looked into it for 914's biggrin.gif

Jen and a few others have some of the mini soaps, mabey one of them (with a better camera) can take a picture of them.
Demick
How about some 914 jello.
Demick
Yep. It's edible!
GWN7
Mmmmmm Jello shots...... biggrin.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Oct 14 2004, 04:50 PM)
Jen and a few others have some of the mini soaps, mabey one of them (with a better camera) can take a picture of them.

Mini soaps, big soap and targa top holders.
None of these are edible. chowtime.gif pain30.gif icon8.gif barf.gif

Thanks again for the goodies Bruce.
GTeener
QUOTE(Demick @ Oct 14 2004, 03:56 PM)
How about some 914 jello.

Yummy!

Where'd you get the mold Demick? From an RC kit?
Demick
Gwen

The mold was from a 1/24 scale slot car body. We did a group buy on them here about a year ago. Members bought up about 100 bodies, and most people bought more than one. So if you are interested in getting one, ask around and you'll likely find someone willing to part with theirs.

Demick
GTeener
QUOTE(Demick @ Oct 15 2004, 09:34 AM)
Gwen

The mold was from a 1/24 scale slot car body. We did a group buy on them here about a year ago. Members bought up about 100 bodies, and most people bought more than one. So if you are interested in getting one, ask around and you'll likely find someone willing to part with theirs.

Demick

Ah ha...

Thanks for the info.
GWN7
The only problem is that either the mold has to be flexible or the material that your molding has to be flexible. This has to do with the backslanted angles on the car. The area below the bumpers and the back window. Not to mention the wheel openings. If the mold isn't, it will break and the same with the material your molding. I have a couple of the RC bodys and they are in storage. The mold material also has to be able to withstand the tempature of whatever material is being poured into it. It wouldn't be much fun having 1/2 a lbs. of molten wax running down the table. wink.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.