Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 e-brake conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeroen
To those who've done it
What did you use for the cables to operate the e-brake?

cheers,

Jeroen
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Oct 14 2004, 09:50 AM)
To those who've done it
What did you use for the cables to operate the e-brake?

take the 9eleben cables, take teener cables, mate them together and voila ...

wink.gif Andy
Gary
Here's a post on the bird board talking about the cables:

911 parking brakes

As I recall, 2 left ebrake sheaths are needed...
Gary
Oh ya, if anyone has a line on someone in the states who will make the cables from mocked-up 911 on the ebrake end, and 914 on the handle end, lemme know.
Eric_Shea
You can go the 911/914 merge route if you're keeping the 914 handbrake. I'm using a 911 handbrake on the center tunnel ala some of the factory GT rally cars... so 911 cables for me.
Gary
Hmm,

With stock length cables, where does the handbrake end up?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gary @ Oct 14 2004, 08:53 PM)
Oh ya, if anyone has a line on someone in the states who will make the cables from mocked-up 911 on the ebrake end, and 914 on the handle end, lemme know.

i'm working on it, still need to get those new trailing arms ready ...

smash.gif Andy
echocanyons
I would also be interested in 911/914 ebrake cables if anyone is having a bunch mocked up.
914Timo
As I recall, 2 left ebrake sheaths are needed...

No, I used two 914 right side cable sheaths. The long ones. I shortened one to make it fit in left side and extended the other to make it work in right side. Then cable shop did new cables with new endings for me. Sorry, but I dont have any measurements. I know I should remove them and make couple of improvements, but I have not have time to do that. I should shorten the right side cable a little. It is too long. When I do that I can take more pics and measurements.

take the 9eleben cables, take teener cables, mate them together and voila ...

Sounds easy in theory, but....... blink.gif
Eric_Shea
With stock length cables, where does the handbrake end up?

Beats the shit outta me... confused24.gif

I haven't gotten that far yet. I have the control arms on the car but I haven't yet welded the tubes in the center tunnel yet. I plan to do that at the same time I weld up the Rich Johnson mount.

I'll be sure to do a step-by-step for Gint.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.