Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best spark plugs for 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shepmon
Looking to potentially replace my bosch platinum plugs. Thanks shep
ArtechnikA
something like a WR7DS would be my suggestion.
depends on if it's the stock 2,0 or "something else" ...

i like the Bosch Silvertips a lot.

i'm running a finewire Denso Iridium in my 911, the jury is still out on whether those work or not... i think they're okay but i'm seeing more tip erosion from the Crane HI-6 than i think is appropriate, and i think the good ol' Bosch SilverTip is probably (still) the hot setup.
Root_Werks
WR7DTC's or W7DTC's

Good heat range for driver use, not hard track. Tripple electrode, good for stock CD ign. wink.gif
joea9146
If u are running carbs I like NGK I think the # is BP7es
jim912928
I'm running Bosch 4-tip plugs in my 928 and love them....wondered how they would perform in my 911 and 914....?
Root_Werks
If you run carbs, the platinum tips tend to get carb'd up. The standard copper cores work great. Yeah, NGK's rock too. smile.gif
morgan_harwell
When I first did my 914/6 conversion, I put the "latest & greatest" Bosche platinum plugs in the CIS motor. As soon as the mechanics at Garretson's saw them (914/6 was having rough running issues), the platinums where hustled pronto to the nearest land fill. "Use Bosch copper plugs" they advised. They were right, I have never pulled a bad copper plug out of that engine.
campbellcj
I've been running NGK's for quite some time and they work well. You want the BP#ES flavor where # is typically from 6-8 depending on your particular application. NGK's go hotter as the #'s increase which is the opposite of Bosch IIRC.
J P Stein
Actually, NGKs go colder as the number increases....but that's not important now. biggrin.gif I too am a big NGK fan. Running BP7ES with 9.7:1 compression....seems about right.
Gint
Standard NGK's for me also.
Root_Werks
"7" in bosch or NGK should be good for a "driver". Had a guy with a 2.8 come in running rough. Said his plugs kept fouling on him. Pulled on, yep, black. Hmm, 5's, little cold for a driver. Popped in some W7DC's and he has been happy ever since. wink.gif

Bosch 5's would be good if you did nothing but start the car and keep your foot to the floor all day. Like a track car, or on the autoban.
campbellcj
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Oct 15 2004, 01:05 AM)
Actually, NGKs go colder as the number increases....but that's not important now. biggrin.gif  I too am a big NGK fan.  Running BP7ES with 9.7:1 compression....seems about right.

YUP...my bad...martini glass was quicker 'n the keyboard last nite drunk.gif I'm running BP7ES's right now as well. I have some BP8ES on hand but so far the 7 is on the mark for this engine, even in hot track conditions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.