Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: newbie headlight adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oooty21
New to the 914 World, I will be posting a lot of questions. I just purchased my first 914, and it is going to need a lot of love. I am sure this has been posted in the past, but was unable to find it, so here it is: how do I adjust the front headlights, as one of them is trying to dig itself back under the hood. On my old Miata you could adjust the sinking headlight by gently pulling on the cover, but this one is at least an inch off, leaving a huge gap between the hood and the painted headlight cover. All help is greatly appreciated smile.gif
luskesq
Been a while since I played with mine but with a '70 there are three screws (allen head) inside the wheel well and comporable three inside the trunk (inside protective cover). Loosen and adjust to fit.

Good luck,

Keith
oooty21
Thank you Keith, I will take a look at these this evening
ClayPerrine
1. Turn the headlights on, then turn them back off. That puts the headlight motor in the "down" position.

2. Remove the relay that you find under the black plastic cover in the front trunk. This will let you keep your fingers if you accidentally move the motor position.

3. Loosen the jamb nut on the headlight stop, located on the back wall of the headlight bucket next to the motor, and screw the slotted screw all the way in until it matches flush with the jamb nut.

4. Loosen the three screws on the inboard headlight pivot, located in the front trunk.

5. Loosen the 2 screws on the outboard headlight pivot, located under the fender.

6. Move the headlight assembly around until it fits the opening correctly. Hold it there and have a helper tighten all of the pivot bracket bolts.

7. Put the relay back in, and turn the lights on and off a couple of times. Verify that the headlight ends up adjusted correctly when closed.

8. Turn the headlights on.

9. Adjust the headlight stop until it makes contact with the bracket on the bottom of the headlight pivot arm. Make sure it is touching, but not pulling on the bracket. Then tighten the jamb nut.

10. Turn off headlights.

Now go have a beer. beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif
oooty21
Thank you Clay
falconfp2001
Here is the article with pictures

http://www.914world.com/specs/headlight_adjustment.php
oooty21
Pictures are worth a 1000 words; thank you
oooty21
It turns out I am missing one of the adjusting bolts...looks like it will be an easy fix after all, thank you all for your help
76-914
Look again. I'll bet the hole is stripped out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.