Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: center console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oooty21
The center console is held by gravity only at this point. Does anyone have pictures on how it is supposed to be mounted properly to the car?
Thank you smile.gif
SLITS
No pics ...

Center bracket has two screws in bottom plate to tunnel metal

Back end has a "U" shaped bracket with a single screw into the tunnel sheet metal

Top has a "U" shaped bracket that screws to the sides and then two screws in it to the bottom side of the cowl.

rwilner
Mine's attached with only the U bracket at the top (right behind the gauge face) and that holds it in place very well.
falconfp2001
Good article here

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...ter_console.htm
76-914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 1 2012, 09:20 AM) *

No pics ...

Center bracket has two screws in bottom plate to tunnel metal

Back end has a "U" shaped bracket with a single screw into the tunnel sheet metal

Top has a "U" shaped bracket that screws to the sides and then two screws in it to the bottom side of the cowl.

agree.gif
Steve
Its rocket science we would need to bring in NASA!! Just kidding as already said there is two sheet metal screws that mount the bracket to the upper body and two screws that mount the bracket to the center console. There is also another bracket that mounts the console to the center tunnel. I took mine out for more leg room, otherwise I would take pictures.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.