Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found 73 914 For Sale in Cincinnati
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
9fourteen
I was driving home from the plumbing store and saw this beauty sitting on a used car lot. It's in real rough shape. No engine, cracked windshield, lots of rust and several parts missing. Hell hole has been patched up. Unknown how severe the rust is underneath but I was able to stick my fingers under the rocker and could put my finger through the inner rocker. Fixable but needs a lot of work. The guy was asking $1000 for it. I offered him $300 but he told me he could get more for it for scrap. I didn't push it since I don't really have any place to store it right now. If somebody is interested in it, PM me and I will tell you where it is sitting.

The salesman said he has a 72 914, 2.0 at home, all original in perfect shape. Said he thought about buying this one for parts. Sounded like typical salesman BS but who knows. Might be a member here. When I started quizzing him on it he seemed to be really searching for answers and wanting to change the subject.

Click to view attachment
(just noticed the cab sitting next to it with the top down in the rain)

Click to view attachment

VIN not in the database

Click to view attachment
dirk9141973
confused24.gif I hate rust ! Not sure what you are getting for $1,000 no engine or trans and work ? Unles you have engine and trans expect to spend $$$$
billh1963
He has an all original 1972 2.0?....hmmm
914Sixer
Your offer was in the right price range. Check engine number to see if it is 2.0 L. If 2.0L a bump to $500. Missing alloy wheels .
mepstein
It would be nice if someone saved it but 300 was a gift to the seller.
9fourteen
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 1 2012, 10:38 PM) *

Your offer was in the right price range. Check engine number to see if it is 2.0 L. If 2.0L a bump to $500. Missing alloy wheels .

It was a 1.7. Had the emblem on the back.
SirAndy
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jun 1 2012, 07:38 PM) *
He has an all original 1972 2.0?

Now that would be a rare find indeed! rolleyes.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 1 2012, 10:41 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jun 1 2012, 07:38 PM) *

Now that would be a rare find indeed! rolleyes.gif

My thought exactly. Typical know-it-all BS salesman.
billh1963
BTW.. at $15/100 lbs, $300 is maximum scrap value. This car wouldn't even hit that since the engine is missing
9fourteen
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jun 1 2012, 10:38 PM) *

That is what he said. He started by telling me he thought about buying the car himself for parts but his car was so nice it didn't need anything. I then asked him what year, he seemed to be searching for an answer then said 1972. He said he had so many cars he couldn't remember them all. And then he lit up and added it was a 2.0.

I don't think he actually owns a 914. He was just your typical corner lot, used car salesman. My guess is that somebody might have said something to him about the car on the lot about it not being a 2.0 and he remembered the 2.0 was more desirable. I am sure if I would have worked him a little more I would have caught him in the lie.
billh1963
In 2006 I bought a new Infiniti G35. Sales traffic was slow; so, as I was waiting for the car to be prepped a salesman decided to make small talk. The more we talked the more I could tell he wasn't a car guy. At some point I asked him how many cars he had owned. He said, " I have owned a bunch. How many have you owned?". I told him that I had owned about 60 cars since high school (I'm now above 70). He looked a little shocked for a second and then blurted out, "well, I have owned over one thousand!" I just looked at him for a few seconds and didn't say a word. He started turning red and beat a hasty retreat. I think he must be selling cars in Cincinnati now!
championgt1
biggrin.gif
abnrdo
I would give him a $100 for the bumpers and tops.
Speedmster
This car is now for sale in southern Indiana near Louisville, KY from a private seller. It
is about a half a mile form my home. It's been on and off eBay for several weeks now.
As previously stated, there is no engine or transmission or engine wiring harness. Rear
bumper pad is missing. It's got rust!

I think my offer for $500 was VERY generous. I figured it is worth $300-$400 and it
could cost up to about a $100 to travel to pick one up outside local area in like
condition.

Seller has asked $650 for it on eBay. He doesn't seem to want to come down any
further than $600 from counter offers he has sent out in the past.
porsche_dreamer
I also asked him what he would take for it. He said not a dollar less than $650. I never replied back to him.
Spoke
Sounds like he is fishing. Got a couple of nibbles so not the time to drop the price.
Speedmster
QUOTE(Spoke @ Feb 4 2013, 12:38 PM) *

Sounds like he is fishing. Got a couple of nibbles so not the time to drop the price.

Yes he has, and the car ,as of two days ago,is still sitting in his back yard as it has for almost a month now. Only time will tell.
Speedmster
This car sold to someone in the local area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.