Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ugh, need a 2.0 Liter motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
opera guy
long story short, my engine is beyond repairs. so i need a new one.

i am looking for a healthy 2 liter, preferably 73 or 74. recently rebuilt or a good candidate for a rebuilt. can anyone help me out?

i dont have the funds to do a 6cyl or 8 cyl conversion.
SLITS
When you say "beyond repair" - which parts - head, crank, rods, case, p/c, etc. You may have useable parts unless you're looking to swap to avoid rebuild.
opera guy
all 4 pistons are damaged, both heads are damaged. the cause was, i was told, broken valve guide... causing pieces of metal to go into combustion chamber and beat up the heads. pretty much.. the only thing that is OK is the crank, i think
Brando
Right now i have a 2.0 case being inspected and taken care of at RIMCO in Santa Ana... When it comes back i think I'm going to try to sell it, or rebuild it here as a spare around the shop. As far as i know, it's free game if it's rebuildable and when i get it back smile.gif
wilchek
I have a complete 73 2.0 just pulled with 80K original miles. All original. Direct bolt in with Tran. However, I am in Pennsylvania. It may get $$$$ to ship. I was going to keep it around to rebuild as a stroker. However, I am going back to school and could use the extra funds. Let me know if you are interested. I have an Mpg video of the engine in the car running. a little low at idle, but it seemed fine otherwise.
DrifterJay
I have a shortblock setup as a 2056...just need pistons....block has 71mm counterweighted crank, straight cut gears, webcam86a camshaft, case is clean and has abouat 800 miles on it...I can dig up some sheet metal and other parts if you need them... I also have a set of dual weber 40 idfs in the garage....pair of rebuilt 1.8 heads that are clean....make me an offer.. wink.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(opera guy @ Oct 14 2004, 03:11 PM)
all 4 pistons are damaged, both heads are damaged. the cause was, i was told, broken valve guide... causing pieces of metal to go into combustion chamber and beat up the heads. pretty much.. the only thing that is OK is the crank, i think

was this the valve adjust gone bad john?
Mike D.
I have a 2.0 that was running when pulled last year. It is just tired and needs a rebuild, nothing is damaged. I'm Santa Clarita, engine is at a friends house in Shadow Hills. PM me if your interested.

-Mike D.
opera guy
QUOTE(acox914 @ Oct 14 2004, 09:11 PM)
QUOTE(opera guy @ Oct 14 2004, 03:11 PM)
all 4 pistons are damaged, both heads are damaged.  the cause was, i was told, broken valve guide... causing pieces of metal to go into combustion chamber and beat up the heads.  pretty much.. the only thing that is OK is the crank, i think

was this the valve adjust gone bad john?

yup. anyone that think they can make a "bomb-proof" anything, obviously hasnt met me yet biggrin.gif
DougC
I have a 2.0 with 9.5:1 Mahle pistons in it and a Elgin "3/4 race cam" equals a good strong streetable motor, that I would sell. Timing was off when I pulled it a few week ago for clean up (009 dizzy) otherwise ran really strong. PO rebuilt it 3 years ago and ran it at a couple of A/Xs and a track day then it sat until I got it this past July (very little miles on it appairently). I have no records of the rebuild and can't verify - only what the PO told me. I also have 44 Webers, 4into1 headers, etc. I will be doing the V8 in the spring and need the funds to help.. It'd have to be shipped from Dallas though. I can send pictures if interested.

Doug C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.