Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nickie comes to Long Beach
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zeke
No, not the guy in the black L&N engineering shirt. That's Steven, who drove Charles Navarro down from Pasadena in his 2002 Boxster S. Nickie rode in the trunK.
Bleyseng
102's?
What are you going to do with them?
Geoff
Zeke
Can you not load 2 pics in one post? Here's a close up of Nickie and his friends the studs, in the bag which unfortunately you can't see. Geoff, I don't know what size exactly, but it wasn't a 96, that's for sure. CN was kind enough to bring Nickie down for a 914 get together. Nickie enjoyed himself. Yes, he was all by himself. BTW, I'm not doing anything with Nickie in the near future.
PatW
Are them those hot set-up cylinders that Jake Raby is offering for Type IV's...
Jeff Krieger
I'm glad to see that there are still companies producing (and improving) parts for our beloved air-cooled motors.
Aaron Cox
are we talking nikasil?

nickie=nikasil?
Mark Henry
Yep, nikasil.
Raby will install them, but LN manufactures and sells them.
With pistons and head studs $3000.

I think I’ll go with bored out 96’s
bernbomb914
Those nickkies are 106's Charles said they will run cool and long, will work as well as 96's. They are also developing a new head to match with better flow and cooling. he said the market is big in midgets. should make big HP for a four about $3000 for each. get a good cam good crank clean up the case and bolt together.
bernbomb914
more
bernbomb914
more
bernbomb914
and
bernbomb914
that was zeke's race car
Jeff Krieger
QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ May 11 2003, 03:51 PM)
... They are also developing a new head to match with better flow and cooling.

I vote for heads with OHCs.
bernbomb914
and
bernbomb914
last
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Jeff Krieger @ May 11 2003, 02:59 PM)
QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ May 11 2003, 03:51 PM)
... They are also developing a new head to match with better flow and cooling.

I vote for heads with OHCs.

hey, while we are at the wishing well, i want four valves a cylinder, DOHC, etc etc. biggrin.gif

how would one go about doing an OHC head for a pushrod engine? external belt/chain?
Mueller
LN is making brand new heads, supposedly, they are going to be good for 200-300hp out the box....cash in your 401k for a set smile.gif

I look forward to seeing what kind of reliable power can be extracted from these Type IV based motors

Whos green 914 is that? VERY NICE 914 mueba.gif

The easiest way to drive the cams in a OHC motor is belts (dry) less work and expense.
Aaron Cox
but if the belt(s) failed, would the engine have an interferance problem....such as valves smacking pistons and so forth.?

i know it is purely speculation as to a ohc head....take an educated guess
Mueller
Depends on the design of the motor .....not all engines are "interferance" motors.

piston design, valve lift, combustion chamber all makes a difference....

My old Volvo 745 had a belt let go...no problems...if the belt lets go in my newer Volvo, big repair bill would be in store.
Aaron Cox
i too have two volvos!
a 240
a 940 turbo

*both non interferance motors
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.