Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just figures....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
Finally get my butt over to the local O'Rielly and pickup a timing light with a tach built in.

Kid stuff in the mid-afternoon. Get home, go out to fire her up and battery is low. Ugh... fine, go grab my little jumper box, and connect her up. Turn the key and notice I don't hear the fuel pump. I am certain I heard it before the first turn just a minute ago (I listen for it out of habit).

Crap. headbang.gif

Check the fuses. All good. Get out and clean all of the connectors. Still nothing.

I am alone (the Misses went to the store) and I don't have a multi-meter (next on the list). So I cleaned the garage. Today was the only day I had an hour or so to myself to do some work on those carbs.

Back to the problem at hand. I checked my SirAndy ground jumper and cleaned that all off. No luck.

Fuel pump is a CB Rotary with built in regulator. Checked and cleaned all of those connections.

Pulled all of the round relays and cleaned the pins.

I will get a meter and test voltage to the pump soon. That's first I think.

After that, which relay is it that I need to test?

Anything else I should look for?

Thanks in advance.
76-914
Get your multi meter and check back. Until you can verify 12v it's guessing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.