Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Noobie from Tricities, B.C.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dasnowman
Hi to everyone here, new to the 914 scene, but not to the car scene. Been into water VW's, Honda CRX's, Toyota trucks, and the last project was a 2007 STi Ltd.

Since you guys seem to like pics., here is photo of the last project!

IPB Image

IPB Image

Stock Sti runs 210-230whp on this dyno!

IPB Image

Here is my new project I bought 2 weeks ago then blew my lower back out so I couldn't get it till I was all better a week and half later it seemed like a very looooong time sad.gif !

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

messix
not too long and you'll yank the motor outa the sti to put in to the 914!
messix
and welcome.png
TheCabinetmaker
Welcome to world snowman. Glad to have ya. I remember the days when the moniker of snowman meant something way different!!!!!!!!!!!
rick 918-S
welcome.png
Ian Stott
Welcome to a great site! If you do as nice a job on your "new" teener as you did on the car in the picture you could be a "car of the month" nominee in no time!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Jun 3 2012, 10:50 AM) *

Welcome to a great site! If you do as nice a job on your "new" teener as you did on the car in the picture you could be a "car of the month" nominee in no time!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

My teen is originally from BC

and

welcome.png
Dasnowman
Thanks guys,
I have a question for you since this is going to be a Sunday driver at a local autocross track 5 minutes from my house. Should I go steel or F/G GT wide body flares? I want to do F/G because I could go with 916 front and rear bumpers and flared rockers for the same price the steel GT flares go for. I like the steel ones but so much $ but is the F/G frown upon?
messix
imo, f/g for track cars, steel for nice street cars.

but its your car do what you want with it!!!!
Mike Bellis
Fiberglass flares are fine if installed well. If installed poorly, they are shit. I guess the same can be said for steel. Fiberglass will not help at resale time compared to steel. But, if installed well will not detract from the resale price.
Strudelwagon
welcome.png Cool, a fellow Canuck and a BC boy to boot.
Tons of great info and advice on this site, Let me know if your looking for parts because there are a few of us in BC.

Steve
Summerland
zonedoubt
welcome.png
speed metal army
welcome.png
Dasnowman
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 3 2012, 12:50 PM) *

Fiberglass flares are fine if installed well. If installed poorly, they are shit. I guess the same can be said for steel. Fiberglass will not help at resale time compared to steel. But, if installed well will not detract from the resale price.

Perfect answer just what I was looking for and figured.... I like trying to do things the right way the first time around.

QUOTE(Strudelwagon @ Jun 3 2012, 12:59 PM) *

welcome.png Cool, a fellow Canuck and a BC boy to boot.
Tons of great info and advice on this site, Let me know if your looking for parts because there are a few of us in BC.

Steve
Summerland

Thanks it will be a while before it is drivable up to Summerland but will be a fun drive once its up and running.

QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Jun 3 2012, 04:20 PM) *

welcome.png

Nice a member close to me in the 3 digits you must know a ton.

QUOTE(speed metal army @ Jun 3 2012, 05:56 PM) *

welcome.png

To the Lowermainland people do ever do meets or meet up for some beers or wings.

beerchug.gif Marlon
914bry
I've been lurking around here for a while now. I'm in Langley, and it seems like I have the same idea as you. My car is in similar condition to yours. I've been collecting parts for it, fiberglass flares, 916 front bumper, 5-lug conversion and fuchs. Most of all trying to make space and time to start working on it.
Bryan
Dasnowman
QUOTE(914bry @ Jun 4 2012, 09:36 PM) *
Most of all trying to make space and time to start working on it.
Bryan

I hear you, I have a 4 year old son and 1 year old daughter so time working on the teener is after the kids go to sleep or on Sundays. Which is hard to do when you are trying to strip the cars finish while they are sleeping right above the car. dry.gif

I have still yet to drive or sit in a moving 914. driving-girl.gif
zonedoubt
QUOTE(Dasnowman @ Jun 3 2012, 08:21 PM) *

you must know a ton.

laugh.gif I wouldn't say that. Still lots to learn from the wealth of 914 knowledge here at the World

To the Lowermainland people do ever do meets or meet up for some beers or wings.

I haven't...only met a few local 914 owners. I do speak beer though. beer3.gif
speed metal army

I've been lurking around here for a while now. I'm in Langley, and it seems like I have the same idea as you. My car is in similar condition to yours. I've been collecting parts for it, fiberglass flares, 916 front bumper, 5-lug conversion and fuchs. Most of all trying to make space and time to start working on it.
Bryan

Ok... Now you all start coming outta the wood work! Bout time! beerchug.gif
I thought i had 50% of the 914's around here! beer3.gif
pete-stevers
Howdy from Matsqui!
Roy
Hello from Vancouver!

Click to view attachment
Cool914
welcome.png
abnrdo
welcome.png

I notice your car is a few different colors. Make sure you update the vin database.
Nice project!

porbmw
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Jun 3 2012, 05:56 PM) *

welcome.png

What he said...and all others.... welcome.png
pete-stevers
Anyone with a teener is welcome to the shop on sun
it is kinda like my church...some even call it saint Peters!
If you want I can pm you the address
but we are working on an ole VW single cab this sun
NORD

welcome.png

I'm just 9 miles south of Lynden Crossing.

I do host a 914 Breakfast and a Artist Point Drive up Mt. Baker in July or August

Have yet to see any Canadians show up yet but other come from all over.

Not that far for you all. Keep watching the Teener Tuesday Thread.

NORD
zonedoubt
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Jun 5 2012, 09:13 AM) *

Howdy from Matsqui!

What's a Matsqui? poke.gif
pete-stevers
geeeeze...it is a secret place in the FV.... if you need to know
Dasnowman
QUOTE(Roy @ Jun 5 2012, 12:40 PM) *

Hello from Vancouver!

Click to view attachment

What wheels are those don't look like the normal ,fucs,empis, etc

QUOTE(abnrdo @ Jun 5 2012, 12:54 PM) *

welcome.png

I notice your car is a few different colors. Make sure you update the vin database.
Nice project!

Yes all those colors are coming off and are being nasty about it..... it's going to be a primer color for a while.

QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Jun 5 2012, 05:36 PM) *

Love to but wife said I can work on the car welder.gif I'll be in the driveway so hopefully the weather holds up. Love to another time, have to take some pictures to put this thing back together as I didn't take it a part and an old b&w photo's from a haynes book doesn't cut it.

QUOTE(NORD @ Jun 5 2012, 06:01 PM) *

welcome.png
I'm just 9 miles south of Lynden Crossing.

I do host a 914 Breakfast and a Artist Point Drive up Mt. Baker in July or August

Have yet to see any Canadians show up yet but other come from all over.

Not that far for you all. Keep watching the Teener Tuesday Thread.
NORD

You are talking my language I'm used to drifting my STi up the 542 on weekday snowstorms heading to the mountain...... It's always scary to see those turns in the Summer... The inlaws have a cabin on Lake Whatcom so I'm Southbound every few weekends, but the teener will not be ready this year.

Maybe someone from Vancouver area will want a co-pilot, I know the road really well, Baker is like my second home in the winter.

QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Jun 5 2012, 06:19 PM) *

Howdy from Matsqui!

It's what cloverdale is to Surrey but just in Abbotsford, it's nice and close to Mission Raceway though. driving.gif
zonedoubt
QUOTE(Dasnowman @ Jun 6 2012, 12:09 AM) *

QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Jun 5 2012, 06:19 PM) *

Howdy from Matsqui!

It's what cloverdale is to Surrey but just in Abbotsford, it's nice and close to Mission Raceway though. driving.gif

I grew up in Maple Ridge so I know where it is. I was just beeing a smart-ass and Matsqui is a funny word. lol-2.gif

These days, anything east of Burnaby is "far away". sunglasses.gif
914bry
QUOTE(Dasnowman @ Jun 4 2012, 10:10 PM) *

Most of all trying to make space and time to start working on it.
Bryan

I hear you, I have a 4 year old son and 1 year old daughter so time working on the teener is after the kids go to sleep or on Sundays. Which is hard to do when you are trying to strip the cars finish while they are sleeping right above the car. dry.gif

I have still yet to drive or sit in a moving 914. driving-girl.gif

I also have a 4yr old son. He'll play now on his own in the yard while I work in the garage. He'll grab the jack and "work" on his toys.
914bry
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Jun 5 2012, 05:36 PM) *

Is your car red with an SC motor in it. Would I have seen it at any local autox events?
paroxysm
hello from Chilliwack
IPB Image
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(paroxysm @ Jun 8 2012, 04:46 PM) *

hello from Chilliwack
IPB Image

Wow, Teeners coming out of the woodwork in BC, Nice looking ride, what motor are you running? My wife is from the Wack!

Steve
RickS
Any bets on how long until there is a WRX STi motor in that car?
paroxysm
QUOTE(Strudelwagon @ Jun 8 2012, 09:11 PM) *

hello from Chilliwack
IPB Image

Wow, Teeners coming out of the woodwork in BC, Nice looking ride, what motor are you running? My wife is from the Wack!

Steve

I have a g60 from a 91 vw corrado with a lysholm supercharger on it, but its now getting turned into a g60 16valve, with the audi passat tranny.
IPB Image
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(paroxysm @ Jun 8 2012, 09:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Strudelwagon @ Jun 8 2012, 09:11 PM) *

hello from Chilliwack
IPB Image

Steve

I have a g60 from a 91 vw corrado with a lysholm supercharger on it, but its now getting turned into a g60 16valve, with the audi passat tranny.
IPB Image

That's freaking cool dude aktion035.gif is the side vent in the bodywork for the intercooler? Can't wait to see that thing on the road. What are you expecting for HP?
paroxysm
yes the side vent is for the intercooler, I,m hoping for 300ish hp but will be happy for anyting above 230.
Dasnowman

hello from Chilliwack
IPB Image

Nice I hope my car will be looking like that by Jan-Feb body wise.
Roy
What wheels are those don't look like the normal ,fucs,empis, etc

Those would be ATS Cookie Cutters. Usually found on early 944 and 911.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.