Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Total Firewall Uglyness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Bryan
So i decided to remove and throw away the stock firewall covering. I cant believe how heavy that was. It was already ruined, so the time had come to get rid of it. I think it was also being pulled into the fan.

After removal, this is what I was left with sad.gif

Click to view attachment

There is obviously rust on the bottom that I was able to clean out, and all of this spattery glue crap is what is still left. Part of me wants to just paint over it and cover it up with another cover. Any ideas? Im looking for what others have done, so if you could post a pic, i would appreciate it!
jmill
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=186854

The "while your in there" stuff will have your car assuming the position at the begining of summer. Put Mikey's new pad in there and drive it. Worry about the paint when winter comes around.
rhodyguy
i can't imagine stripping the adhesive and finishing it with the engine in. it was still a pretty long and uncomfortable process even with the engine out when i did mine. you gotta kill the rust and paint it even if you recover with something else. it'll kill you all bent over for hours on end. painting over will just compound the problem.

k

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.