Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: e-brake lever removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
Tell me how or point me to a good thread. Thanks, mark
bcheney
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 3 2012, 08:33 PM) *

Are you talking about the actual lever in the cabin or at the end of the cables out at the calipers? If at the caliper side..loosen the nuts that are on the cable where they begin their journey into the cabin from the engine bay side....I think that will create enough slack in the cable so you can remove cable from where it attaches the caliper. If are talking about the lever...it comes out easily by loosening the retaining nut.
mepstein
QUOTE(bcheney @ Jun 3 2012, 09:55 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 3 2012, 08:33 PM) *

Are you talking about the actual lever in the cabin or at the end of the cables out at the calipers? If at the caliper side..loosen the nuts that are on the cable where they begin their journey into the cabin from the engine bay side....I think that will create enough slack in the cable so you can remove cable from where it attaches the caliper.

Lever in the cabin.
jimkelly
i think just one bolt holds it on.

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/p...arts/701-10.php
mepstein
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jun 3 2012, 10:02 PM) *

Probably but I can't find the bolt.
bcheney

The bolt is hard to see if the seats are in the car. Here are a couple of reference pics to help you out. It's the 8mm bolt all the way to the right in both pics. The lever pivots on the point (stud shaft) just to the left of the bolt. The bolt will be under the lever and out of sight with the seat in. Not sure if you will have to take the seat out to get to it. My seats are out and it's been a long time since I have looked at this with the seats in...you know how these restoration projects go! Many years pass then it takes you some time to remember how things go back together and it what order.
mepstein
QUOTE(bcheney @ Jun 4 2012, 07:13 AM) *

The bolt is hard to see if the seats are in the car. Here are a couple of reference pics to help you out. It's the 8mm bolt all the way to the right in both pics. The lever pivots on the point (stud shaft) just to the left of the bolt. The bolt will be under the lever and out of sight with the seat in. Not sure if you will have to take the seat out to get to it. My seats are out and it's been a long time since I have looked at this with the seats in...you know how these restoration projects go! Many years pass then it takes you some time to remember how things go back together and it what order.

Perfect. Thank you. Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.