Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for pics of Plaid seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
I might try my hand at recovering my Corbeaus this winter... as long as my wife doesn't see me uding her sewing machine.
VegasRacer
Forget plaid. Go paisley - 916 style. mueba.gif
mudfoot76
Is that for real, or did someone put something funky in my coffee???
Toast
Desavo (sp?)
I felt like I have seen this thread before......
unsure.gif
VegasRacer
It's real baby. Déjà Vu
phantom914
QUOTE(Toast @ Oct 15 2004, 07:57 AM)
Desavo (sp?)
I felt like I have seen this thread before......
unsure.gif

deja vu?

edit: John beat me to it. I was trying to find those special characters for the a and e. Where are they anyhow? huh.gif

Andrew
VegasRacer
QUOTE(phantom914 @ Oct 15 2004, 09:01 AM)
I was trying to find those special characters for the a and e. Where are they anyhow? huh.gif

Andrew

The quickest way to get all the funky letters is to copy and paste from a google search.
Or you can use html code for all sorts of symbols: £ ¥ ± ¶ ½ Æ Ð ß æ ü ξ ψ Ω
djm914-6
If there's another thread, can someone post a link to it? I did a search (albiet a quick one) and didn't come up with much.
GTeener
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Oct 15 2004, 07:54 AM)
Forget plaid. Go paisley - 916 style. mueba.gif

Groovy! Do they come in a red , white & black pattern?
Toast
sorry djm914-6,
I did a search too and couldnt find anything either. I remember something about it thoe, and someone had a pic of some plaid seats.
Sorry, dont have any more info for ya. confused24.gif
VegasRacer
Dave - try this thread.

YPIF - (yellow plaid is faster)
VegasRacer
Alien style
Toast
Thats the thread! mueba.gif clap56.gif

How did you find it? I'm still learning how to use the Search I guess. wacko.gif
djm914-6
Ok, I did a bit more searching... I found a few threads, but most had the exact same pictures.

BTW, I like the plastic on the lower part of that yellow seat... just like grandma's house. biggrin.gif

Maybe I'll make a pass through the local fabric store to see what I can find. This cheap cloth on the Forza seats suck! I need to tackle something to boost my desire to work on the car. I figured the seats are an easy indoor project for the really cold winter nights coming soon (no comments from those in warmer areas). On better days and nights I'll tackle the body. Outside will go yellow with red trim and inside will be black with hopefully yellow and red fabric inserts.

If anyone finds something new, post away.
Bleyseng
here are some on a 76.
VegasRacer
Toast - the secret is to use the right keywords.
I found this using "plaid and interior".
(see ya next weekend)

Good luck with your project Dave.
As always - post lots of pictures of your progress.
ArtechnikA
i've always liked the original 928 'OpArt' fabric. guy in England still has some - saw a writeup in a recent magazine. ('GT' i think ...)
dinomium
factory style:
GTeener
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Oct 15 2004, 09:09 AM)
here are some on a 76.

wub.gif That would look really classy in GTeener.

So many ideas, so little time.

Do they do plaid racing seats?
djm914-6
I doubt any manufacturer makes their seats in plaid, but anything can be recovered. My seats are the cheaper Corbeau Forza. This is a tube frame with cheap padding and cheaper cloth. I figure for only a few bucks and my wifes sewing machine I can have seat that looks right in a '70s car. I'd really like to do red and yellow plaid to match my color scheme.

Rich,
As much as I like the 928 op art, I couldn't imagine owning a car with it.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Oct 15 2004, 10:52 AM)

i think you need a white or black car to really pull it off, and no, i'm not considering it for the 911. the black Sparcos will have to do, although i may get a set of red inserts...

( i -really- like that the inserts are Velcro'd to the shell and can be machine washed & dried after a hot, sweaty track weekend ... )
nein14
I got to have some of that 916 cool blue paisley, anybody know were I can get some to re-do the center of my Konigs?
mercdev
This was from eBay a bit ago, seller never responded to emails when I wanted to buy more sad.gif
mercdev
Found these too:
mercdev
last one
rick 918-S
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Oct 15 2004, 10:52 AM)
I doubt any manufacturer makes their seats in plaid, but anything can be recovered. My seats are the cheaper Corbeau Forza. This is a tube frame with cheap padding and cheaper cloth. I figure for only a few bucks and my wifes sewing machine I can have seat that looks right in a '70s car. I'd really like to do red and yellow plaid to match my color scheme.

Rich,

It's Groooovy Babe YA!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.