Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa to side window seal... how to set up ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes
On my 75 I had those seals

Click to view attachment

I suppose this was an early design, because when I ordered new seals from 914Rubber I received seals with a lip.

Now the question is how does this lip fit to the window ?

A or B ?

confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

When installed, the new rubbers fitted the "B" way. This is how the window fits now ( the blue part I added in photoshop simulates the window )
I have a lot af water that finds his way thru this place and drops into the car

Click to view attachment
johannes
By the way

On the last picture you can see where the drop formes

Click to view attachment

At this exact place on the old rubber there was a hole

confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
The window should cross the 1st lip and touch the inner "bulb". This picture was taken with the main targa seal not installe on the passengher side. A much better design (2 barriers instead of 1) , that's why they were superceeded.
johannes
Thank you for your answer.

Do I have to cut (red) on the end of the seal. Because the way it is designed now the window cannot push the outer lip as it is glued to the end.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
The seal could be trimmed a little more (just cut down the notch) if it's holding the window back. Usually there is enough pressure to make it pop over the lip. You can adjust it by using the screw/ nut at the bottom of the pillar.

How does the seal look at the front? that will tell you more about if the window needs to be adjusted in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.