Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom Seat Upholstry idea...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
I'm working on making my own custom seats using stock 914 seats and grafting on the nice large bolsters from a set of old E30 M3 seats. I'll also be using the thinner seat cushion from the M3 seat that has a thigh support attached to it. Looks like it'll be really supportive when done and should eliminate most if not all lateral movement. I need some help deciding what to cover the back and seat cushion with though. Bolsters will be leather or high grade vinyl but I want something that will be cool on my back (gets hot here in Texas). My idea is to use a black heavy grade nylon or similar material, with maybe a large diamond pattern sewn in for a vintage look and the bolsters would just be solid. Would the Nylon be good for a cooling material or have the opposite effect? I think the contrast between the black leather and black vinyl would work nicely but have never seen it used together. Anyone have opinions or suggestions on this?

Doug C
Jeroen
Nylon doesn't "breathe" so I fear you'll have a real sweaty back/ass if you cover your seats with it
DougC
OK, that's what I wasn't sure of..so, what's my best bet then?

Doug C
Jeroen
Either leather or fabric...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.