Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: found a 914 in S. Lake Tahoe
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
up here in lake tahoe for work...

saw this guy off highway 50...

ConeDodger
Didja get the VIN Aaron?

I was thinking I would go take the BMW for a ride around the lake tomorrow...
Aaron Cox
didnt stop, (workin), but it looks to be in ~ehhh shape. The driver side has a primered rear fender, and its an obvious blue over red respray.

Go check it out! Its at the main Y in S, lake tahoe...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 4 2012, 08:49 AM) *

didnt stop, (workin), but it looks to be in ~ehhh shape. The driver side has a primered rear fender, and its an obvious blue over red respray.

Go check it out! Its at the main Y in S, lake tahoe...

That old gas station right there at the Y is a sort of classic car dealership. I have never seen anything restored there, just potential project cars. It might be entertaining to hear what the guy is asking for it. +$10K I'd guess. In 2010 WCR we had a photo rally and one of the objective photos was a Bentley. There was a vintage Bentley parked at that dealership but I think someone got a pic of one driving down the street...
Aaron Cox
definitely worth checking out LOL.

Let me know if you want to grab a beer at Reno airport at lunch tomorrow smile.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 4 2012, 09:05 AM) *

definitely worth checking out LOL.

Let me know if you want to grab a beer at Reno airport at lunch tomorrow smile.gif

PM me details. Rand and I usually meet visiting dignitaries at Great Basin Brewing Company in Victorian Square. One of us can get you over to the aeropuerto...
biosurfer1
if you do a search, I posted about that 914 years ago...its been outside there at LEAST 10 years, probably much much longer.
McMark
Yup, WCR Tahoe pic thread has a couple of shots of that guy. I think it's a six, but I can't recall for sure. From what I heard it's out there because it's crazy expensive, in the bad way.
smj
Believe I saw it out in the snow several seasons ago and got a photo or two, might've mentioned it here.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 4 2012, 11:30 AM) *

Yup, WCR Tahoe pic thread has a couple of shots of that guy. I think it's a six, but I can't recall for sure. From what I heard it's out there because it's crazy expensive, in the bad way.

If it is a 6 it is a conversion! 4-Lug!
Chris H.
Looks like you went by the place just as the Merkur XR4ti meet was getting started!. w00t.gif
McMark
If it is a 6 it is a conversion! 4-Lug!

Oh yeah. pinch.gif

You can tell I'm paying attention.
biosurfer1
maybe the PO converted to 4 lug to blend in more biggrin.gif
DblDog
I can confirm its been there for quite awhile...stopped to see it, it was pretty complete...the wheels are new, so he's working on it! He also had a couple of nice Studebakers, but I digress...There has never been anyone there when I've been by.

Socalandy
It's been there for over a year, They were closed when I first saw it, looked ok but didnt crawl under ???
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 4 2012, 09:38 AM) *

up here in lake tahoe for work...

saw this guy off highway 50...

Holy smokes...that's my old Merkur. Stratus Silver 1989 with OZ Monte Carlos, Borla exhaust, and Spax suspension. Looks just like the day I sold it 11-12 years ago. Crazy!

Clearly, Xerati folk are 914-friendly.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Aaron!

Best,

pete
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.