Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Larz Anderson Museum German Car Day 2012
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scott_in_nh
This is "in" Boston MA. My son and I had a fun Father's Day there last year.

smj
Six years living in Arlington as a PCA member, and never made it over despite numerous club outings... It's supposed to be a great show, and a great museum.
Elliot Cannon
I was there last year for a Concourse show. Lots of nice Porsches and the museum was great. Very old and interesting building and very nice displays.
scott_in_nh
I was embarrased for the owner of the pictured 914. When he left that thing ran and shifted like crap!
Agreed, the LA Museum is well woth visiting - especially on German Car Day!
scott_in_nh
icon_bump.gif

Great way to spend Father's Day and what wife can say "no"?

I know there are least a few of you in the area who have never been.

Grab one of your kids and come on out!
sixerdon
Here's a youtube link from last year;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feat...p;v=eVEziTF-kQE

It's a big turnout with all German marques. I think there were 4 of us teeners there......maybe more. Mine is green, Scott's is black. It's a long (amateur) video, but the porsches show up starting around the 9:00 min mark. Should be a big turnout this year with fine weather forecast.

Don
flippa
Very cool place. I highly recommend going to check it out.

The park is an old estate that was left to the City of Brookline. THe building shown is actually the old carriage house. I never have seen pictures, but the main house & gardens supposively were just as grand. It was owned by a very rich merchant, and from the old house site you used to be able to see Boston Harbor which is The main house & other out buildings either burnt down or were taken down over the years.

I stopped here a few years ago to get out of the car & make a few phone calls. While making calls I went over to check out a car that a bunch of guys were wrenching on outside the building, bummed a smoke of this guy who happened to be in charge and managed to get a personal tour of the place.

The curator is a great guy; he dragged me through the whole building. I am a Civil Engineer, so he was all excited to show me the structure of the building because he knew I would appreciate how the "barn" was constructed. It was awesome; I got to see parts of the building that are never open to the public.

I gotta see if I can make it over there this year.
scott_in_nh
It was another great Father's Day at the museum, but the 914 count is going the wrong direction!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.