Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: when simple maintenance turns...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
went to place the alt belt. noticed while under, the 2 bolts that hold alt bracket to the case are lose. there is not enough room to fit a wrench or socket on to tighten them. i could probably pull the front of the tin off, but putting it onwould be damn near impossible. atleast i can do the valves in relative comfort, put on the rear sport mounts, and anything else i can think of.

kevin
Root_Werks
Soooo, six months from now will we be hearing:

"Well, I just got the P's and C's so I am hoping to have things back together by next spring..."

laugh.gif happy11.gif
sanman
laugh.gif agree.gif
DNHunt
Kevin

Can't you drop the alternator and get at them. Seems to me you should be able to undo the not on the bracket and pull it out the front of the cooling shroud, loosen the pivot nut and maybe the alternator will swing down enough to tighten them. You might need a third hand to deal with the stuff above the tin while you work under the car. Give me a call maybe I can swing by.

Dave
dinomium
Kev, how is your wife taking you dropping the motor outta yours before putting hers back together?
I go out to the garage for a couple of nites rather than work on the bathroom and I am right back in the dog house!

You very well may be a GAWD! happy11.gif
Joe Bob
Might wanna add DWD Disease the the FAQ.....
Bleyseng
Looks like someone is going to be driving the Jetta tomorrow....

biggrin.gif
LS6/914
Kevin, Snap On right angle box end ratchets. Ive got you covered. Call if you need them. Larry.
rhodyguy
it's all good. i'll be in the jetta. found something interesting, that has to be related to the theft. i'll put some batteries in the new camera and see if i can post a picture. even if i had slipped the engine back in i'd still be in the vw. put the carbs back on to drive to dave's to take them back off? nope. the 73' will be back together next wed. anyone driving across the narrows might want to consider allowing a bit of time, the bridge can be bad on weekends too.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.