Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB screws for outside mirrors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
porbmw
Scrounging around for the chrome plated? screws that are needed for the exterior/side mirrors....

And gaskets...don't think Mikey/Mark has produced these yet....

Guess this is what happens when a project stalls, can't find the MFs anywhere....You'd think I'd have kept them with the two mirrors.

I need at least 2 pairs of screws, and 2 gaskets

Thanks
jeeperjohn56
I'm in need of the same thing, but only need for one mirror. Thanks for any help John
Eric_Shea
Gents,

Gaskets are $5.00 each through Porsche.

Check McMaster.com for fasteners.
914ltd
Big secret revealed: the countersunk, phillips mirror screws are also used on the door post latch and the door lock mechanism. Lots of these out there!
Eric_Shea
agree.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(914ltd @ Jun 4 2012, 02:49 PM) *

Big secret revealed: the countersunk, phillips mirror screws are also used on the door post latch and the door lock mechanism. Lots of these out there!

I thought the mirror screws were stainless steel and the striker plates ones were zinc plated?

I have bunches of the striker plate screws that I am about to get replated.

I will probably have them done in one week.

Bruce
914ltd
I can't say for all of them but I've only found non-magnetic stainless in these locations. Brad

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 5 2012, 05:20 AM) *

QUOTE(914ltd @ Jun 4 2012, 02:49 PM) *

I thought the mirror screws were stainless steel and the striker plates ones were zinc plated?

I have bunches of the striker plate screws that I am about to get replated.

I will probably have them done in one week.

Bruce

A&PGirl
I have the screws for sale.

Original or SS $4.00 + shipping.

-or-

Buy them in my Early Door Rebuild Kit for $25 + shipping
914ltd
Carrie came to the Eureka Springs AK Renegade event with her hardware. Really nice stuff! After 40 years, most of these cars have missing or incorrect hardware, this is a real headache preventer and time saver. Brad Mayeur 914 limited

QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Jun 5 2012, 06:08 AM) *

I have the screws for sale.

Original or SS $4.00 + shipping.

-or-

Buy them in my Early Door Rebuild Kit for $25 + shipping

A&PGirl
Thanks for the nice words Brad. Feel free to give me a holler if you every need anything.

Carrie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.