Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you drive to work?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Root_Werks
Here is mine, the teener and now even the bike just sit. sad.gif
Stutgart46
Whoops, that's my weekend driver. laugh.gif
Joe Ricard
Piece of crap Mountain bike 3 days a week sometimes 4.
Bigger piece of crap Ford Explorer. Everynow and then take the teener. That is when I can spend 4-5 hours cleaning it afterwards
mikerose
Every day smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
scruz914
1-2 days a week I drive the 914. My commute is from Santa Cruz to San Jose over hwy 17. For those who are not familiar with 17 it is a curvy hiway over the Santa Cruz Mountains. The drive is fun when there is little traffic so I try to miss the regular commte times. Other days I drive a 1998 Audi A4. Good commute car! Sorry no pics.

-Jeff
mikerose
My commute is from Pittsburg to San Leandro 42 one way. Life is Great in the 914.
Aaron Cox
i daily drive mine too
dinomium
I take one of the Rootmobiles, after the Washington State Yacht

driving.gif I really miss my cars!
Meredith
Imagine this with a layer of dirt and grime on the outside and dog nose smudges on the windows. That will give you a general idea of what my car usually looks like.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Meredith @ Oct 15 2004, 10:44 AM)
Imagine this with a layer of dirt and grime on the outside and dog nose smudges on the windows. That will give you a general idea of what my car usually looks like.

wow! luxurious compared to a 914!

i had you pegged for a jetta driver laugh.gif
Meredith
QUOTE(acox914 @ Oct 15 2004, 10:47 AM)
i had you pegged for a jetta driver laugh.gif

You're not too far off, actually. We were looking at Jettas but even the used newer models were kind of expensive. But I'm glad we got this car, I love it!
eeyore
2001 ZRX-1200. Dirty, but no dog nose smudges on the windows.
Meredith
QUOTE(Cloudbuster @ Oct 15 2004, 11:13 AM)
2001 ZRX-1200. Dirty, but no dog nose smudges on the windows.

laugh.gif
bryanthompson
Here's my daily driver. 234,000 miles biggrin.gif
bryanthompson
The 76 in drydock.
Rhodes71/914
Toyota Tacoma xtra cab 4x4, not to exciting but nice when the snow starts to fly. Hopefully my teener will be ready and will be my semi-daily driver by next spring.
DougC
Here's mine for over 5 yrs now...
freezing14
HERE'SY DAILY DRIVER, a 4 door with some attitude
gopack
Here is mine, 55 miles each way 5 days a week!
gopack
Oh wait, I don't drive no P.O.S. Ford!
Here it is really! A 1997 M3 sedan. and I've got to say, "ultimate driving machine" is not much of an exageration.
Alison Baker
Here is my daily driver.VW GTI VR6 2002

smilie_pokal.gif
3d914
Just me & my teener. The only nose smudges are on the OUTSIDE - lookin in.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Alison Baker @ Oct 15 2004, 11:50 AM)

smilie_pokal.gif

dammit! i love the new gti's. would love to own one!
grantsfo
Echo 4 times a week and Boxster 1 time a week.

Echo is my favorite daily driver as it is stripped down to 1900 lbs and makes about 115 hp. I'm running 205/50/15 Falkens and Koni suspension. The car is the ultimate suprize car. I often commute Highway 9 in Santa Cruz mountains and it devours twisties almost as good as my 914.

IPB Image

IPB Image
i love porsche
me and my truck or how i like to call it, "the porsche support vehicle" it gets me to and from school, and to and fromthe parts car
MartyYeoman
I drive my 914 daily from San Ramon to Livermore. 18 miles each way, reverse commute. Takes me 20 minutes door to door.
When it rains I take my '89 Chev pickup.
mikerose
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Oct 15 2004, 11:08 AM)

When it rains I take my ZZR1200 bike

mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
retrotech
Here is my Porsche Support Vehicle, litterally, since by business is selling Vinyaje Porsches.
By the way I sell the "Support Vehicle" stickers for $10.

Retrowww.route30classics.com
retrotech
What a dummy, forgot the picture
retrotech
Gotta use spell check. Make that VINTAGE Porsches.

Retro
skline
Here is my daily driver and support vehicle. Anyone who went to the WCC04 saw it there. Bilstien struts all the way around with front and rear sway bars running 235-55-16 it really handles pretty good.
Alison Baker
QUOTE(acox914 @ Oct 15 2004, 10:56 AM)
QUOTE(Alison Baker @ Oct 15 2004, 11:50 AM)

smilie_pokal.gif

dammit! i love the new gti's. would love to own one!

I'll sell you mine.for only $15,000.its loaded with everything ....leather heated seats,adjustable and tilt wheel.it has tons of crap with it and another thign it HAULS ASS ! Ive had 2 speeding tickets ! Good thing I am registered with the County Jail .So If I get stopped I get a warning .now ain't that good ?
Ferg
1992 GTI 8,600 miles, (you read that right!)

Most days it's my Single Speed Mountain Bike, no pics though.
i love porsche
QUOTE(retrotech @ Oct 15 2004, 11:26 AM)
Here is my Porsche Support Vehicle, litterally, since by business is selling Vinyaje Porsches.
By the way I sell the "Support Vehicle" stickers for $10.

Retrowww.route30classics.com

you do!!!!

ive been thinking the past month that i need one....how should i pay you for one?

do you have them in colors?
watsonrx13
Here's my DD, 2004 LE Miata. I picked this up 2 weeks ago and I already have 1200 mi, my commute is 90 mi round trip. This replaces the '95 I have, with 213,000+ mi. The '95 started making 'strange and expensive noises'.
watsonrx13
Here's the interior. The top, seats and door inserts are Azur Blue, otherwise black. The '04 has power everything, door locks, windows, mirrors and factory alarm. The '95 had manual everything.
davidcalvin
I drive this every day.. Today, I am taking the Toyota out to get it washed cuz it hasnt been driven in, like, awhile.
watsonrx13
Wow, that's awesome, must get great gas mileage.... biggrin.gif
davidcalvin
Dang.. forgot the pic. Its a dork day for me, it seems..
double-a
this has been my transporation to work for the last four years. reliable, never breaks down, burns no oil. it's a long commute, 360 inches or something. mileage is great though.

~a
thesey914
Depending on weather and load requirements...
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
VegasRacer
I drive the Stealth most days.
The van mostly waits for race weekend to tow the teener.
kafermeister
My daily driver...for now. rolleyes.gif
Mark Henry
I don't have a pic of my shoes...work is 75ft away biggrin.gif

If I need to go anywhere I take the teen if it's nice, If not I can usually find some other aircooled car to drive.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(double-a @ Oct 15 2004, 12:26 PM)
this has been my transporation to work for the last four years. reliable, never breaks down, burns no oil. it's a long commute, 360 inches or something. mileage is great though.

~a

I once told my my boss I could do my job from home since all I do is code. He said:

"So can people from india."

I have learned to shut up since. wink.gif
double-a
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Oct 15 2004, 01:16 PM)
I once told my my boss I could do my job from home since all I do is code. He said:

"So can people from india."

I have learned to shut up since. wink.gif

luckily for me, not a lot of web design/graphic design is getting outsourced these days. i got lucky, my wife got a job up here in vancouver, so we moved. my company agreed to let me do whatever it is that i do from home instead. it's worked ok for several years now, though sometimes i miss "the office." my only coworker is a 2 year old boy who i swear is insane or something wacko.gif

~a
Lou W
My Daily Driver
Mark Henry
QUOTE(double-a @ Oct 15 2004, 06:18 PM)
my only coworker is a 2 year old boy who i swear is insane or something wacko.gif

~a

All kids are insane...or at least the parents are.

BTW I'm the father of a 3 and 5yr old so I'm just a tad bonkers....least the wife works at the local funny farm, so I don't have to go too far for treatment.
Lou W
My Future Driver smile.gif
MarkV
Nasty old SUV driver. w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.