Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem at the Pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Rookie
Besides being upset paying $2.53 a gal for gas this morning I had another problem. Filling the tank took forever due to the fact that the nozzle kept shutting off. mad.gif The nozzle didn't qiute fit right either. sad.gif Is this an issue anyone else has ?, and/or is there a way to prevent the pressure from building up and shutting off the pump ?. Thanks.

Greg.

BTW - today was my cars first trip into work...30 miles,whole lotta fun !
Aaron Cox
you kinda have to lift the nozzle out a little, and pull up the vapor shield
914Rookie
Forgot... Car is a 75 2.0, if that matters.
morph
Damn!!! I thought $2.09 that I pay to fill (Geo Metro) every other day was bad!!!I don't know about putting gas in my own vehicle, I live in oregon. I've only done it once, and I had a hard time figuring out how to get my gas cap off. For $2.59 a gallon they should check the oil, wash the windows and gas it up for you.
SirAndy
works fine for me ...

btw., i never set it on automatic, they tend to jump out and hit the fender when done.
cool.gif Andy
Toast
Because of the way they design the newer nozzles, they work great for newer cars with the small gas holes that are on the side of the vehicles.

Unfortunatly, for those older cars with the big gaping holes, or those that fill from the top, the newer nozzles keep shutting off. I had that problem sometimes in the VW Bug.

Try holding the nozzle just above the hole (where it doesn't splash of course!) so that the backpressure doesn't shut the nozzle off. But watch it so it doesnt overfill!! slap.gif
914Rookie
Yeah, I just hate having my hands smell like gas when I get to work. ( I guess that beats having them smell like something else !) blink.gif

Greg

P.S. that was the price for REGULAR !
Jake Raby
Gas is still 1.89 here for premium! 1.52 for cheap stuff!
ematulac
I don't look at the per gallon prices anymore. No matter where I go, it still takes $30+ to fill up the 914. And that, too, is with regular.

I have no problems at the pump with the 914, but I did have that problem with an '86 Nissan 200sx. When you go pump, don't put it all the way in, and pull back on the sheath ( blink.gif ). PITA, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Hi_Fi_Guy
I notice when I travel in CA with the Boxster that the newer pumps with the accordian style vapor recovery cover over the nozzle always click off every few seconds unless I really push the nozzle in to make pressure against the cover or pull back on the cover by hand to create pressure.

I also agree about not setting those pump handles on automatic. Stupid thing is designed to keep any vapors from escaping but the auto cut-off deson't work at all on these new style pumps and your cars ends up spewing a quart of gas back out which realeases more vapors that you ever would release normally.

Those pumps are starting to show up at Chevron stations in AZ too. I hope they don't catch on.
PorscheTom
Paid 2.34 a gallon for regular at Arco the other day. That crap even makes my car ping! Talk about a rip off.
URY914
Paid $1.93 for reg. Could've saved .03 by paying cash.
Cash? What's that?

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.