Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cheers To Phil
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
racerbvd
beerchug.gif Hard to believe it has been 6 years since Phil left up, toast a Scotch to Phil sometime today if you get a chance.. beerchug.gif
Thanks guys!!
rick 918-S
Wow, Has it been 6 years? dry.gif Never met ya but here's to ya Phil! beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Jun 4 2012, 09:49 PM) *
toast a Scotch to Phil sometime today if you get a chance.. beerchug.gif

Done and done. Well, it was whiskey, but anyways, bonfire, whiskey and a good cigar with a moment of remembrance to Phil!

Elliot Cannon
I hope rum and coke is OK. Never met him but sorry he's gone. Sad to have lost another car guy.
Zaney
I am going to follow down his path of VW/Audi side markers on a 914. I didn't realize his passing until I searched the site for pics of it being done. So, this will be the passing of the Torch from one Teener to another.
Click to view attachment

BTW, any help in body work is appreciated. smash.gif I will start another thread because this one should be about Phil! beer.gif

Cheers to Phil! beerchug.gif

RON S.

"Phil in Jax"

I drove down to Jacksonville back in 2000 to buy a Vellios 915 kit he had on Ebay. Really nice fella. He was gracious and accommodating to a complete stranger.

Over the years I've thought about him EVERY time I'm under my 914/6, and look up at that 915 box and read the words "Vellios" on the front cover.

I couldn't have done it w/out him..

Really great person.

Ron
racerbvd
thanks for all the kind words everyone, as many of you know, Phil was more than a Friend to me, he was a Mentor & Father figure as well.... beerchug.gif

Zaney, I'll try and get some pix of the back side for you on the fender..
championgt1
To Phil! beer3.gif
porbmw
I bouight a set of NOS seatbelts for my car from Phil in about 2004...on ebay...having never met him....he was very helpful and enthused, and sent a couple pics of a couple of his cars.
The seatbelts still rest in the factory boxes he sent them in...
I figured out about a year ago that he had passed away, and felt saddened..but figured the seatbelts were a pretty good reminder of a gentle man....will remember him when I buckle up. beer.gif
Chris H.
agree.gif Never met Phil in person, but bought a couple things from him and got some good advice/words of encouragement on the boards. Such a kind-hearted guy...here's to you Phil! beerchug.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.