1979 Triumph Spitfire, 56,600 original miles, numbers matching, rust free west coast car with a performance driveline. I'm going to apologize for the epic novel of a description but it saves phone time and separates the men from the boys-this is not a car for posers and I got a day job. It is truly a pleasure to drive and run out. I acquired this car as an uncompleted rally/road car in high desert of Oregon, brought home back east and finished it up. It was built out along the European model and tweaked out for a pretty fast street/ rally car. Most of the work done here is within the last year and have less than 500 miles on them since completed. This is a professionally built car and not something some kid did in his mom's driveway-it's way too good-look at the photos!

It has it's orginal engine which was fully rebuilt with original factory components PLUS the cylinder head was upgraded to performance spec's with a mild cut cam, factory double valve springs, retainers, guides, new valves, seats recut. Fuel system was upgraded to dual SU HS4's and performance fuel metering needles, with ported and polished Triumph intake manifolds and air cleaners. The carbs wire just sinc'd and are ready to run. Engine was just full tuned with new plugs, wires, distubutor body, cap and point set. Hoses and engine rubber are all recent. Fuel tank was replaced with a new factory unit, sender and lines. The exhaust system is recent (by PO), basic straight pipes with dual chrome tips-it sounds like what a sports car should.

It has the original trans which is a standard 4 speed, non-overdrive. I am told that the PO had just done the clutch and slave cylinder just prior to my purchase, seem likely and it shifts smoothly with no issues.

Cooling system was modified to a large volume radiator, electric cooling fan and stamped sheet metal duct work through the forward air dam. The water pump, hosing and heater system are new-the car runs cool and well

Brakes are have new disks (front) and rear (drums) with new pads, calipers and pistons, braided steel brake lines and master cylinder. The suspension and steering is tight and true.

The car has new tires and new minilite wheel with no scrapes, rash or damage.

The body is original, good "20 footer" with normal chips, scratches and door dings expected on a 33 year old car but not all that bad. Being from the high desert, the pans, sills and rockers are clean and solid as are the rest of the body panels, frame and trunk. The PO had sanded out the interior floors and truck and repainted with enamel floor paint, added a rubber insulation/padding-they look excellent. The seats appear to be out of a TR7, no rips and are nice driving seats with full side bolsters, proper height and feel. The soft top is new and it has a tan colored factory tonnue cover.The car was lightened by the PO (typical rally Spit methods) with the removal of the bumpers and rubber overriders (rubber plugs installed in mounting holes), the rear interior cockpit and, interior wheel well panels were removed. I have a set of proper chrome bumpers, if wanted and all of the missing interior panels, and the carpet set are readily available from various suppliers relatively cheap.

This is where I am at, with this car, I'm at the fork in the road where I'm not sure to leave it as is and just enjoy it, finish the interior, repaint/trim and it up as a sleeper killer street roadster/show car or go fully track. I have over a dozen cars, I'm into a frame off's on a Lotus Europa TCS and a TVR 2500M and can use the room, my feeling at this point are to find her a good home and let the next guy figure it out. I have additional photo's and can take more if you're serious. The car is available for viewing evenings or weekend, road test at my descreration. Will trade for a Bugatti or a late model Ferari plus cash (LOL)

Key words Triumph, TR, TR6, MG MGB GT Austin Healey Jensen Porsche 914 912 924 944 British Roadster Jaguar convertable sports car

DUE TO ALL OF THE CRAIGSLIST SCAMMERS, ANY RESPONSES WITH A CONTACT NUMBER WILL BE DELETED
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article

THIS IS NOT A 914WORLD AD!
Do not reply to this thread! No one is listening!

Click on the "View the full article" link above to go to the actual Ad!