Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1.7 SS Exchangers, hanger, and banana muffler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
markb
Update: Since the exchangers don't match the muffler, I'm selling separate. I'm asking $200.00 for the exchangers. I've been told the holes can be hogged out to bolt up correctly. I'm waiting on an offer for the muffler, and I'm not sure if he needs the hanger also, so I'll wait until I hear from him before listing it.

I had hoped to put these on the Red Car, but since it's up for sale, there is no point in hanging on to them. These are SS heat exchangers, with new SS flanges welded on. The pipes are the mild stainless, so will rust a little. As you can see in the pics, there are some dents, but no holes. The hanger is the 2.0L style, powdercoated, and a stock banana muffler that needs a good coat of paint.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
TheCabinetmaker
those are 1.7 exchangers. It appears the replaced flanges will fit the 2L muffler, but the bend in the exchanger pipes at the rear will set the muffler too high to fit under the car. The hanger is a 2L, it won't fit either.
pilothyer
How much for just the banana (is it a Bischoff ?)
jimkelly
you can't just change the HE flanges from 1.7 to 2.0 style because the width between the letf and right exchangers is different by 1.5" between 1.7 and 2.0 styles.

markb
Sigh. Figures. Nothing I have ever done with these cars has wound up being normal.

So I'll need to have those flanges removed, and the proper 1.7 flanges welded on?
jimkelly
you'd probably be ok to have them drilled out to 1.7 orientation.

actually - imean rheem the holes as i think most will overlap some.

if that muffler you have is a 1.7 - you can use it as your template.

jim
markb
Thanks.
TheCabinetmaker
The muffler does look like a 2 litre. I "think" the location height wise on the muffler flange is lower with the 2. It might hit the bottom of the trunk when mated to the higher flange on the 1.7 exchanger. Not sure, never tried.
markb
The muffler is a 2.0, so it will go separately from the exchangers. Brad M at 914LTD has already PM'd me about it, so he gets first shot.

I'll re-price the exchangers tomorrow, when I haven't been beer3.gif
rhodyguy
mark, contact dave ellison at triad. he has the correct flanges for the 1.7/1.8 ss hes. better him to call him than sending a pm or email.

k
kbrunk1
PM me next on the banana muffler.

Need 73 2.0L banana....Ken
markb
Everything has been SOLD!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.