Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone dealt with DC Automotive?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Type 47
DC Automotive advertises in Pano that they are "the largest warehouse for Porsche Parts in the USA"

but I'm having trouble getting stuff from them that I ordered a month ago.

Granted I added things to the order and told them not worry about getting it out b/c I would be adding to it.

By May 10th I was pretty much done and they charged my CC nearly $1,200 on the 10th. I added a few more things that they charge to my CC on seperate orders.

The last thing I ordered, was 5/21, they charge my CC and shipped the item...the last thing I ordered is the only thing I have.

They said that adding to orders messes things up. The guy said he would get it straight...that was on 5/30. I called again today and the guy gave me pretty much the same deal, said he was getting his boss involved and would call me back...today...which didn't happen.

Should I be concerned or just stay on them to get this fixed?
Steve
They took there sweet time with my order too. I called them up and they said it would take time to pull the part off of the car. Just stay on them. You will eventually get it.
A&PGirl
Yep.

I ordered a bunch stuff and they give me a run around for about 5 weeks and then canceled the order. Thankfully, they didn't get any money.

Btw, this was all "in stock" items that could ship "that day". bs.gif

Seriously, where the hell do they get the money from to run 2 full color ads in every issue of Excellence with this kind of service?
Type 47
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Jun 5 2012, 06:18 PM) *

Yep.

I ordered a bunch stuff and they give me a run around for about 5 weeks and then canceled the order. Thankfully, they didn't get any money.

Btw, this was all "in stock" items that could ship "that day". bs.gif

Seriously, where the hell do they get the money from to run 2 full color ads in every issue of Excellence with this kind of service?

They also advertise in Pano.

I don't mind the slow service since I'm early in my project, but making me pay for things that are weeks away from shipping is just wrong.
Jake Raby
They are dismantlers and have the typical dismantler mentality/ business ethic.
That said, they are about the best dismantler I have found, but thats not a compliment because the others are horrible.

Call and talk to Rob, he owns the place.
Type 47
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jun 5 2012, 06:46 PM) *

That said, they are about the best dismantler I have found, but thats not a compliment because the others are horrible.

Thanks very much, I will do that.
OU8AVW
They always take pretty good care of me.....
worn
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jun 5 2012, 06:46 PM) *

I got all steamed a year or so ago about getting something expensive from a place unnamed here. Then I realized I wasn't dealing with Pelican. The guy was putting a pretty slick store front on what is a wrecking yard. They have someone do the taking apart boxing and shipping. Also he has a web business and sells on ebay. Also he has an irregular inventory supply. Who knows what other problems - don't want to know. It taught me that there are sellers and there are sellers. At one point I came to believe that perhaps the largest dealer of 914 parts was purposely sending me the wrong stuff as a joke, one thing after another, but that is another story.

so: agree.gif
aharder
The last time I used DC was the LAST Time !! They cancelled part of my order and never advised me until the order showed up about 4 weeks later. Took forever to get my money back.
PlaysWithCars
Mixed experiences myself. First time I dealt with Rob and he got me out of a bind when I needed MFI throttle rods very quickly for my 911 so I could make it to the Parade in 2010. Next time was on MFI injectors that turned out not to be as good as they thought; they took them back w/o a problem though. Last time ordered some unique 914-6 parts that were "in stock" but turned out not to be available; took a long time to resolve this but they never charged my credit card.

They are still on my list of places to buy from because they carry some of the unique parts I sometimes need.
jmill
I had absolutely no problems with them. I even haggled on the price and they sent my stuff out ASAP. confused24.gif

euro911
I've only dealt with them once. They overcharged on shipping and gave me future store credit on my next order. That was several years ago, so I doubt my credit is still still valid. I just wrote it off as a bad deal, found other (better) sources for parts. confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.