Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ignition wires ... "The Good the Bad, the Ugly"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eddie914
What's a good value for plug wires for a '77 2.7? (Stock ignition)

I discovered the '71 914/6 (2.7 conversion with 40IDA Webers) needs new ignition wires (spark plug wires) at the track last week. It rained very hard all day and the engine developed a bad miss/backfire. I'm running megaphones at the track and the following drivers, told me they could see flashes of fire in the pipes when the car backfired.

At first I though it was the infamous plugged idle jets. I double-checked the jets and the miss was still there. I have watershield aircleaner hats so I wasn't worried about sucking water into the carbs. I didn't think about all the wiring getting wet. Once I got the car home and dried out the miss went away (too bad the pulled exhaust stud didn't fix itself). Anyone have a time-sert tool I can rent?

Eddie
Ferg
I just ordered a set of magnecores from this place, cheepest I found had them in 4 days.
I have a 77 2.7 also but with cis.

http://www.apexperformance.net/cartgenie/p...?pid=130&cid=10
Eddie914
Red, Blue or Black?

8.5mm, 8.0mm or 7mm?

Is a there a big difference?
Ferg
Red, cause it's purtier, and 8.5 cause someone that knows more than me told me so.
Ferg biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.