Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: 1974 914 2.0 (new price)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
billh1963
I bought this car from Redshift (Miles Hendrix) in October 2011. After a fuel line broke on the car in 2007 he let it sit outside in the salty, humid environment of Savannah, Georgia for several years. After that length of time the floor boards rotted out along with some portion of the longs as well as the driver’s side door threshold. The front trunk is excellent and the rear trunk has surface rust (but is solid). Some rust on the passenger door, rear trunk lid and front cowl. The car does not sag when jacked up and door gaps look good.

Time has not been kind to the paint (black over the original marathon blue) nor to the interior and rubber bits. Some of you may have seen my thread where Scott is doing rust repair and repainting my zambezi green car. Well, after seeing how much rust that car had (even though it appeared solid) I don’t have the heart to tackle this one!

The brakes don’t really work, the tach doesn’t work, and the headlights/wipers don’t work.

What does this car have that makes it worth buying? Well, to be quite honest it has a LOT of valuable bits on it. By Redshift’s own account, he had over $20K in it in 2003 dollars. What does this car have that makes it interesting?

• Early chrome bumpers: EXCELLENT
• Bumper caps: EXCELLENT
• Motor: complete with less than 18k miles on complete rebuild by Otto. 2.0 Euro spec. Complete correct injection
• Transaxle has rebuild and around 21k on it.
• Fuchs: Wheels are stripped bare, clean up nicely with acid.
• Triad dual exhaust
• Stainless Braided brake lines
• Dual Mirrors
• A copy of Redshift’s set list and guitar pick (no extra charge!!!)

When I bought the car it had not run since 2007. I replaced the broken fuel line, changed the fuel filter, cleaned out the fuel tank and replaced the fuel lines from the tank. I also changed the oil with Brad Penn and changed the oil filter. I think I changed the air filter (I forget). Phil W came over to help me get it started. Surprising to both of us, it fired right up! No smoke, no strange noises, etc. Oil pressure appears good, alternator is charging, etc. This is a Euro spec rebuild from Ottos …and sounds very solid.

The bumpers are early style along with the pads. These bumpers are REALLY nice! Polish them up and you are good to go!

Add in the Fuchs, triad exhaust, etc. and you have a lot of valuable parts.

One note…The car does not have a title…it will be sold with a bill of sale only. I can probably get a title if necessary.

So, how much do I want for this glorious pile of goodies? $1600 will take it. The engine/transaxle is probably worth that itself. Bumpers and pads maybe another $600-1,000. Add in Fuchs and other parts and you can see this is a better deal than you might have thought.

I have a bunch of pictures below to show what is and isn’t good. I also have a video of the car starting up and moving under its own power.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Video (click on the picture):
IPB Image
falconfp2001
I love that rear valance.
billh1963
Admittedly the car may not be worth restoring...not by me, anyway.

The parts on the car make it worth a look. Plus, if you read redshifts old threads the engine rebuild is documented. You could save thousands of $$ by buying this car and using the engine/transmission instead of rebuilding your current junk.
billh1963
New lower price!
billh1963
Bump
billh1963
Sold pending funds
FrogMut
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jun 6 2012, 07:01 PM) *

I bought this car from Redshift (Miles Hendrix) in October 2011. After a fuel line broke on the car in 2007 he let it sit outside in the salty, humid environment of Savannah, Georgia for several years. After that length of time the floor boards rotted out along with some portion of the longs as well as the driver’s side door threshold. The front trunk is excellent and the rear trunk has surface rust (but is solid). Some rust on the passenger door, rear trunk lid and front cowl. The car does not sag when jacked up and door gaps look good.

Time has not been kind to the paint (black over the original marathon blue) nor to the interior and rubber bits. Some of you may have seen my thread where Scott is doing rust repair and repainting my zambezi green car. Well, after seeing how much rust that car had (even though it appeared solid) I don’t have the heart to tackle this one!

The brakes don’t really work, the tach doesn’t work, and the headlights/wipers don’t work.

What does this car have that makes it worth buying? Well, to be quite honest it has a LOT of valuable bits on it. By Redshift’s own account, he had over $20K in it in 2003 dollars. What does this car have that makes it interesting?

• Early chrome bumpers: EXCELLENT
• Bumper caps: EXCELLENT
• Motor: complete with less than 18k miles on complete rebuild by Otto. 2.0 Euro spec. Complete correct injection
• Transaxle has rebuild and around 21k on it.
• Fuchs: Wheels are stripped bare, clean up nicely with acid.
• Triad dual exhaust
• Stainless Braided brake lines
• Dual Mirrors
• A copy of Redshift’s set list and guitar pick (no extra charge!!!)

When I bought the car it had not run since 2007. I replaced the broken fuel line, changed the fuel filter, cleaned out the fuel tank and replaced the fuel lines from the tank. I also changed the oil with Brad Penn and changed the oil filter. I think I changed the air filter (I forget). Phil W came over to help me get it started. Surprising to both of us, it fired right up! No smoke, no strange noises, etc. Oil pressure appears good, alternator is charging, etc. This is a Euro spec rebuild from Ottos …and sounds very solid.

The bumpers are early style along with the pads. These bumpers are REALLY nice! Polish them up and you are good to go!

Add in the Fuchs, triad exhaust, etc. and you have a lot of valuable parts.

One note…The car does not have a title…it will be sold with a bill of sale only. I can probably get a title if necessary.

So, how much do I want for this glorious pile of goodies? $1600 will take it. The engine/transaxle is probably worth that itself. Bumpers and pads maybe another $600-1,000. Add in Fuchs and other parts and you can see this is a better deal than you might have thought.

I have a bunch of pictures below to show what is and isn’t good. I also have a video of the car starting up and moving under its own power.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Video (click on the picture):
IPB Image

How much for both seats/rails and firewall padding and sideview mirrors ?
billh1963
The car was sold a couple weeks ago
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.