Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I just bought four more ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
euro911
... of those nifty little Harbor Freight 1/2-size furniture dollies. I bet some of you thought I meant four more 914s laugh.gif

Get 'em while they're still on sale at $8. (you'll need the coupon though). If you don't already have some, they're great cheap engine & transmission dollies.

The wife says they work good for potted plants too cheer.gif

Click to view attachment
bulitt
I'm with you brother...4 1/2 grinder for 9$
Sawzall for 19$

My 220v Arc welder sits on the small dolly perfectly!
reharvey
I have a HF store 10 min. from my house. Not sure if that's bad or good! Ray
J-ROD
They just opened one on my side of town. piratenanner.gif
andys
Hope these are better quality that those from the past. My HF furniture dollies are crap quality. I remember shortly after I bought mine, Home Depot had them on sale for a buck or two more and the quality was superior to the HF ones.

Andys
balljoint
We have stores like that up here. I have to throw out their flyers before I look at them and find something that I didn't know I needed on sale.
rhodyguy
i have 4 of the HD ones. they are back savers for sure.

k
arkitect
I bought 2 of the HF half size dollies also, use them under the rear tires to roll the car around in the garage, works great.

Dave
euro911
I've never had a problem with any of them so far. Even though they're rated for 1k#, I've never had anything heavier than a complete '6' on one.

I priced the wheels, lumber and hardware and found that I can't build them for less. Between here at home and at the shop, we've probably got 25 of them. Always happy to see them go on sale smile.gif
AZ914
I bought one of those for my trans. I also bought one of the larger blue plasticy ones to move my 3.2 around on. Its rated for 1000 lbs. Yeah, it cracked. GO CHINA!
smj
Went over to HF - didn't understand about the sale that starts tomorrow for folks not on their mailing lists or whatever. Have to head back there tomorrow once the free-for-all begins.

Now they've got my address on The List. "Dooooooomed!!"
JRust
QUOTE(arkitect @ Jun 7 2012, 09:24 AM) *

I bought 2 of the HF half size dollies also, use them under the rear tires to roll the car around in the garage, works great.

Dave

Yep I have used the under all 4 wheels to slide it around in the shop. Works pretty well & can handle the weight no problem. You do need to have a really smooth floor to do ti though.
Bob L.
I'm gonna get some. The wheels alone at HD are about $15-20.

If it cracks... I have some oak sitting around for repairs.
Daiberl
Anyone has the link to the coupon?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.