Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1973 914 2.0L CI class street/AX/DE car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
brilliantrot
Rust free Zambezi Green 1973 chassis with original paint and interior in nice shape. Just over 80k miles from new. Great crack free dash top and original radio delete dash. Paint is original but showing its age.

Engine
Fresh rebuilt D-jet 2.0L with euro pistons, HD single valve springs, solid rocker arm shaft spacers and a light flywheel with around 5K miles on it. All the engine tin, fan shroud, and exhaust have been powder or ceramic coated. Made 80hp to the wheels on a DynoDynamics dyno and runs superbly.

Front mounted RX7 oil cooler behind the bumper and dash mounted oil temp and pressure gauges.

Suspension
Custom honed to fit delrin plastic bushings, 180lb rear springs, stock front sway bar, no rear bar, Bilstein shocks all the way around, heim joint link added to rear suspension console to aid rear toe adjustment.

Brakes
Stock 914 calipers and rotors with dust shields removed, Porterfield pads, 19mm master, SRF fluid, stainless brake flex lines.

This is a very nice example of the breed and great driver that needs a new home and a little TLC. $6000 OBO

Link to Motor rebuild thread.
http://www.renntrack.com/forums/showthread...914!-w-pics

Contact Eric at Eric@herg.net or 949 296-5828 for further information.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
eric523
some more detailed pictures of areas

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
eric523
more pictures! Some pictures show my old panasports that are NOT included in the sale. Those are already sold. The car will come with polished 2.0L fuchs with Bridgstone 205/50/15 Re-11's

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
campbellcj
No affiliation but I can vouch for this car being well set-up -- after all, Eric is one of the best drivers in POC and works at one of the best shops in SoCal. CI-class cars are a fantastic learning platform for track driving! I thought about buying it myself as a spare/diversion but I succeeded in convincing myself that was crazy talk.

Good luck with the sale Eric.
DTMLGND
icon_bump.gif Looks like fun! GLWS.
eric523
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jun 10 2012, 09:40 AM) *

No affiliation but I can vouch for this car being well set-up -- after all, Eric is one of the best drivers in POC and works at one of the best shops in SoCal. CI-class cars are a fantastic learning platform for track driving! I thought about buying it myself as a spare/diversion but I succeeded in convincing myself that was crazy talk.

Good luck with the sale Eric.

Thanks Chris!

Hope to see you and your car out again soon. And let me know if you change your mind wink.gif
campbellcj
QUOTE(eric523 @ Jun 14 2012, 11:29 AM) *

Hope to see you and your car out again soon. And let me know if you change your mind wink.gif

Me too - it's been a frustrating period but I've been around these old cars long enough to recognize everything takes longer and costs more than you originally plan...
eric523
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jun 14 2012, 12:36 PM) *

Me too - it's been a frustrating period but I've been around these old cars long enough to recognize everything takes longer and costs more than you originally plan...

ehh, not just old cars! Why do you think I'm selling the 914 in the first place? Got Boxster race car project to pay for...
bcheney
Very nice looking car! Great pics for potential buyers. This is a great value for someone. Good luck with the sale.
eric523
Price drop, $5400!
Van914
Nice car and great price!
Good luck with the sale
Van914
eric523
Thanks! Car has now SOLD
WolfR32
blink.gif slap.gif No more 914 love for Eric... at least he is staying mid engine. Hope it went to a good home. Another POC member?
David Stowers
Is there a way to edit the original listing so it says 'SOLD' at the top?
I enjoyed the 20 or so minutes I spent re reading the spec and rebuild thread but may have skipped a few pages had I known it was already sold.
Im amazed you had to drop the price, I was barely going to haggle at $6k!!
Let me know if it falls thru
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.