Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ANYONE IN LA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dfelz
To anyone in the Los Angeles Area:

I am purchasing a 72 914 this friday (6/8/12) in Redando Beach, CA and taking it to my house in Walnut, CA (aprox. 40 mi). The car has been sitting in the owners garage for 10 years, so I am planning on putting the car on an auto transport, a 4 wheel dolly so that no wheels are rolling during transportation, which i am planning on renting for the night from Uhaul. I was going to use my roomates ford ranger to tow the auto transport, but Uhaul says that truck is not heavy enough to tow it.

SO, if there is anyone that has a truck with towing cappabilites that is willing to help me out by towing my new car to its new home please call me! I will obviously be paying for the rented auto transport and your gas to cover the travel.

Thanks in advance, beerchug.gif

Davd
760-473-1669 (if before 5:30pm, please text me so I can step outside since I will be at work)
SirAndy
QUOTE(dfelz @ Jun 7 2012, 11:58 AM) *
which i am planning on renting for the night from Uhaul.

welcome.png

Can't you just rent a truck from them too? I know they have trucks heavy enough to pull that trailer ...
idea.gif
jim_hoyland
AAA ?
seanery
Buying it from a guy named Shaun? I used to live in Redondo and my neighbor had one that just sat while he used his 911 cab.
dfelz
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 7 2012, 12:01 PM) *

QUOTE(dfelz @ Jun 7 2012, 11:58 AM) *
which i am planning on renting for the night from Uhaul.

welcome.png

Can't you just rent a truck from them too? I know they have trucks heavy enough to pull that trailer ...
idea.gif

I am 21, so under 25 they charge up the ass for car rentals. On top of the already expensive rate to rent the truck...
JoeSharp
welcome.png
Sorry David, but I don't text.
I would need more info, dude that drive can be 45 minutes or 3 hours plus of course the drive home. I'll at least PM you my phone number.
dfelz
I have found a truck and a trailer from a friend, so i am good to go. but thanks to anyone who contacted me with friendly offers.

I will definitely be coming to this forum for help once my project is under way!
oldschool
Cool man,we have a bunch of 914 dudes in and around L.A.
I'm in Pomona rolleyes.gif
JoeSharp
How about an update?
infraredcalvin
Yes, need pics...
silver74insocal
dang sorry i missed this.
welcome.png

i have a tundra i used to tow mine home, if you need any additional help with towing, or teener related stuff feel free to hit me up..now hurry up and get that thing on jack stands!! beerchug.gif

Good luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.