Series9
That is horrific. mad.gif
andys
QUOTE(914RS @ Oct 15 2004, 07:13 PM)
That is horrific. mad.gif

Admit it Joe, you've got door bumper strip envy! biggrin.gif

Andy
boxstr
Here is there webpage. I beleive BIGKAT is building or has built one of these LS1 toy jet cars. Maybe he will join in.
http://www.toy-jet.ls1fun.com/index.html

CCLINTOYJETME
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(boxstr @ Oct 15 2004, 08:23 PM)
Here is there webpage. I beleive BIGKAT is building or has built one of these LS1 toy jet cars. Maybe he will join in.
http://www.toy-jet.ls1fun.com/index.html

CCLINTOYJETME

I'm a long way from having mine running. I've just started on remaking some engine mounts. Kind of slowed down I'm working 700 miles from home for the next few weeks.

Bob biggrin.gif
watsonrx13
Here's old what's his name's 911 - superchareged LT1 he brought to the Atlanta/v8 meet in March 2004. He brought the car all the way from Houston, TX.

(Thanks John, yea, too many beers...) biggrin.gif
John2kx
Rob,

Bob Fisher has a blue 911 V8 powered car that was not at this gathering, but he was there on a 2 wheeler.

The silver 911 V8 powered car in picture is owned by someone else (sorry, forgot his name..........Chris comes to mind, AKA Toyjet). This one is a LS1 with supercharger installed.

Dude..........the hooter girls were making too many beer runs to your table : )

John
Dave-O
Dave,
There is a GORGOUS white V8 914 with molded front and rear f/g bumpers and flairs, late model 17" wheels that showed up to the last couple autocrosses in the Cities. The owner was a real nice guy, think his name was Bill....but anyway i was almost positive he said it had an LS1. He said he's on the board here from time to time, maybe he'll speak up. Wish i would have gotten some pictures of it. Like when it was sliding though the timing gate backwards! We might have a really nice one in our own backyard.

David
wotan
QUOTE (Dave-O @ Oct 16 2004, 09:10 PM)
Dave,
There is a GORGOUS white V8 914 with molded front and rear f/g bumpers and flairs, late model 17" wheels that showed up to the last couple autocrosses in the Cities.  The owner was a real nice guy, think his name was Bill....but anyway i was almost positive he said it had an LS1.  He said he's on the board here from time to time, maybe he'll speak up. Wish i would have gotten some pictures of it.  Like when it was sliding though the timing gate backwards!  We might have a really nice one in our own backyard.

David

Dave -- Bill is one of my best friends and actually emailed me this link -- not sure why he hasn't checked in yet. His car did have an LS1 but at the beginning of this year he swapped it out with an LS6 that he had built up and is now pushing over 500HP. I've never ridden in any car like that thing. He's working on upgrading his tranny and you can find his old 930 on ebay right now. Anyone looking at doing a v8 car should check out the listing and save themselves a few bucks.

I don't have any pictures, but I'll try and get bill to post some. He's built every piece of that car and it's taken him 7-8 years I believe.

edit: Just realized that I responded to a thread that was over a year old!! My bad.....
neo914-6
I spoke to Bill a few days ago, here's his very nice car...
TINCAN914
That s a prowler in the first two shots correct? Why on earth would someone put a car built in the last five years in a classic, what appears to be a classic car show? WTF!! mad.gif
elocke
Is it item # 8009885714? Says it's a 915, but I can't tell looking at the pics if it's a 930 box. Wish I had the dough!
dlee1967
Hmmm, LS1 with at the most 205s? I am impressed that he completed the engine installation, but there are a few concerns. The Toy Rocket could use some flares, widers tires and real brakes. My wife's 350 powered 914 still runs 205s but has gone to 944T calipers with Carrera rotors. The power of the LS1 is impressive, but you have to stop that thing. I will be on the lookout for this car locally. DLee
Andyrew
WOW that white car is stunning!!!!

I have a new mark. I am very amazed at that bodywork it looks amazing.
wotan
Yeah... and blieve it or not, the car looks even better in person. Bill has also done almost every piece of work himself in just a regular guys garage. I'm sure he'd be on here telling you guys all about it but him and his computer don't get along very well.

My mistake on the auction... it is a 915. Item #8009885714.

He still doesn't totally know what he is replacing it with.
wbergtho
Hi Guys,

I don't mind talking about my LS6 conversion. If you'd like to email me directly...I'd like to help out in any way! wbergth@pressenter.com

Regards,

Bill
wbergtho
OOOPS! i GAVE YOU GUYS THE WRONG E-MAIL ADDRESS! HERE IT IS: wbergtho@pressenter.com
redshift
That Toy-Jet 911 looks like ... ass. smile.gif

M
BIGKAT_83
Got my LS1 engine all ready for the 914 install working on paint and body work on the car now.
Way to go Bill it looks great.

Bob..............

user posted image
redshift
Holy wooowooo! That thing looks like a... a power cow!

MOOOOOOve over!

M
andys
Bob,

You got any more pic's of your motor? Is that a water pump on the left side of the motor? A/C? Looks great with those 'Vette covers. You gonna run it with the stock headers?

Andys
charvey
i would like to see someone buy the new porsche boxer v10 and stick it in a 914.... the engine from the new carrera gt:P
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.