1975 Westy AND 1978 Champagne Package deal! Price: 8,500
Here's what I've got. I have a 1975 Westy that is in pretty good condition and has potential to be a $20k bus easily. It runs however it has a porsche 914 block in it and the engine swap was not done very well. I bought a 1978 Champagne Edition which I wanted to swap the engine from to put a 2.0 in my Westy and then I planned on doing a full resto. However, this champagne edition may be too nice to tear apart. Also my current situation does not allow me to do any work on these vehicles where I live.

1975 Westfalia bus:

The good:
Just paid registration and it is good until June 2013
Smog Exempt!
Very straight
Very solid
Mostly original
Sleeps 5!
Full width Zbed
Full bed up top
Child Cot
Orange plaid material is in very good condition all around. No rips/tears and only minor fading on front seats.
Fully functional sink unit (needs to be cleaned and hooked up)
Rear Closet
Plenty of Storage
Very minimal surface rust in a couple spots
Pop top works great

The Bad:
Very minimal surface rust in a couple spots. The only rust through is the battery tray. NO CANCER!
Original engine was replaced with a 914 block. With a better carb setup and a good tuneup this setup could work fine. If I were to keep the bus I would put a 2.0 bus motor back in.
Could use shift rod bushings for a smoother shift.
Dash was cut to fit a double din stereo (not my doing). Also front door panels were cut to fit speakers.
Pop top canvas could use a refresh soon
Previous owner did a respray so paint is not original, looks okay but I personally would repaint in time.
Will need tires soon

The 1978 champagne edition bus I bought to use as a donor for the engine etc. but it is pretty nice, maybe too nice to pull an engine out of. I have not personally seen this bus. It is at my parents' house in Joshua Tree, CA. It is fuel injected and the system is ALL there. I was told by the previous owners that the FI wiring harness is bad so it is currently not running. This vehicle is a 1978 so it will need to be smogged so the FI system should be kept and used. OR, this engine could be used with dual carbs. I have a good set of dual Kadrons that I can throw in with the sale for the right price. This bus only comes with a bill of sale. I have not worked on getting the title because I planned on using only the engine out of this bus. From talking to my parents and from the pictures I have seen, this bus is pretty dang nice, seemingly rust free, and very unique. It will need to be picked up and towed.

I would like to sell these together however if you would only like one and the offer is right, please give it a shot. If you have any questions or would like to see either of the busses please shoot me an email. I am not in any hurry and I do not need the money so don't insult me with a lowball offer. I would really like to see these go to a good home and find a nice new owner.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting.
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article

THIS IS NOT A 914WORLD AD!
Do not reply to this thread! No one is listening!

Click on the "View the full article" link above to go to the actual Ad!