Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need 4 lug fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jr91472
Hey all, I am looking to ditch my empi's and like the look of the 4 lug fuchs. Am looking for some advice regarding where to buy and how much to pay.

Would like a set that is already fully polished (no black background). Any comments?

Also, with regard to buying used wheels, what should I look for in terms of warning signs (abuse etc).

I realize this is pretty open ended, so thanks in advance for any help. biggrin.gif

JR

oh yea, 1.7L mainly street use. I currently am running a set of Yoko's 185-70-R15.
skline
You should move this to the classifieds, it would be better suited there.
seanery
Do you want a set of 4 or 5?
Are you looking for "driver" quality or as new?

prices are all over the place, but this is what I've sold them for (in 1999)

set of 5 for $500 good-very good condition
long lug bolts $100 - very good condition

center caps needed to be replaced
lapuwali
$80-100 per wheel seems common, depending on condition. A full set of 5 matching wheels can fetch a small premium. Finding them locally will be the best deal, followed by buying up singles off Ebay until you have enough of them. And yes, the correct long lug bolts are expensive at $8-10 each, typically.
rhodyguy
there's also a difference between fully polished and the stock silver finish. correct wheels should have the part# 914 361 011 01 on the back side. beware of imitations. i think 70fasty(?) sells fully polished wheels. he's was in the classifieds here and at the bird.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.