Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW Annual Parts Obsolete Campout Finished!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
The Emory's have been around forever on the Porsche seen. There annual Campout is a great event. There is always some amazing Porsche's there. The turnout for 356's is awesome. Great place to buy a car or sell parts at the swap meet. Here are the specifics: To register go here http://www.partsobsolete.com/

This is the 18th Annual Porsche Campout And Swap Meet. It is fun for the whole family.

Parts Obsolete is at 13851 S.E. Eola Village Rd. McMinnville, Oregon 97128

Porsche's
Drive, push, drag, or tow it. If you have a Porsche there is no excuse for not showing up to the most fun and relaxed event of the year. There will be peoples choice awards with various classes.

Camping
Everyone is encouraged to pull out their tents and sleeping bags. There will be peoples choice awards for the best campsites, so get creative and have fun. If you don’t like to rough it, there are hotels within minutes.

Activities
If you like to eat, look at cars, listen to music, tell stories, camp, look at old race photos, play games, party, pet animals, buy/sell parts, sit around the campfire, roast marshmallows, or just relax, then you won’t be disappointed

Swap Meet
The swap meet is Porsche and VW. It has been our experience that VW guys often have allot of Porsche parts also.

Friday

All Day - Relaxing

4:00 pm - Caravan over to Evergreen Aviation Museum

9:00 p.m. - Campfire activities

Saturday

7:00 a.m. - Coffee and Donuts

All Day - Car Show

All Day - Story Telling

4:00 p.m. - Ballot Deadline

5:00 p.m. - BBQ

6:00 p.m. - Awards

8:00 p.m. - Band

9:00 p.m. - Campfire Activities

Sunday

7:00 a.m. Coffee and Donuts

8:00 a.m. Swap Meet Starts

$5 for General admission. $50 for a weekend pass & $20 for a swap meet spot
Jake Raby
Rod posted that this will also be the last campout...
JRust
Yeah Gary mentioned that too. Bummer deal as its always a good time. I bet the turnout will be good with it being the last one. All you Oregon guys try to make it. Ill be there saturday hanging out. Then back there sunday for the swap meet. Great chance to off some parts
JRust
I'm going to bump this every couple days. For the next week & a half anyway. Let's get a good turnout of teeners. Contact me if you have questions, need directions or want to carpool driving.gif
JRust
Some pics of some of the Porsche's they have customized, raced themselves or just in general been part of the outlaw racing scene. How could you not want to see some of these in person confused24.gif

More coming soon biggrin.gif
JRust
Here is a picture from Parts Obselete. It was from the PNW914meet I set up starting at my Pizza Parlor. We stopped by there on our drive to check out all his parts. Not to mention get a good picture. This was back in 97 or 98 I think. Just a one day event but a good one. This was before the World or even club was really going.
NORD

driving.gif

I would love to make one of these campouts, just to busy to make it again

this year. And rummor has it that this will be the last one.

Jamie you are correct, they do build some of the finest Vintage Race Cars!!!

You guys all have a good time but without me.

I remember a few years back that the Emory boys bought a hole lot

of 914 parts for thier inventory. If you don't find what your looking for

at the Swap Meet just ask at the office, they may have
quadracerx
Thanks for the invite Jamie....sounds like a great time...But once again I will not be able to attend...one of these days....I HOPE!

Steve
mstein95
Im planning on going. Dave Hunt usually visits Emory's maybe he'll be coming down as well.
rhodyguy
the "pizza run" was the first large scale 914 event i ever attended. fun times. except for following jim back to I-5 thru salem.

k
JRust
More pics! Don't forget Sunday is the swap meet. If you need parts or want to get rid of some. I'll have a space. If you don't have enough to justify getting a space. Just bring what you have & use mine biggrin.gif
NORD

driving.gif

That # 19 in the first picture took Blue Ribbon at the 2002 German Auto

Fest down in California. That car belongs to a Vintage Racer from the PNW

Seattle WA area. Emory builds some nice cars!!!!
JRust
drooley.gif . I've got a few commitments but not alot. Let's go people! I get it if you are more than 3 hours away. Anybody in the Portland area confused24.gif Just come down. Guarantee you won't regret it
cary
I plan on coming down on Sunday. Working Saturday.
Sounded like 3 or 4 from the PCA Burgers and Beer group from Pelican 911 BBS are coming.
arkitect
Cool pictures!!!!!

Dave
JRust
More pics
JRust
Only 5 days to go! I'll be prepping all my parts for sundays swap meet. I've got a few sets of wheels to sell. Along with many misc interior, exterior parts. I'll try to get a list of what I am bringing up later. Things are looking good & I am excited for this weekend.
JRust
I took a quick talley of parts I'll be bringing for the swap meet. Man I have entirely to many parts lying around. Anyway if you are coming to the swap meet. I will have all this stuff there & more most likely once I get into the many drawers of stuff I have.

Wheels- 16" phone dials with good tires, Space saver, Set of riviera's with good tires, 3 freshly powder coated all black 16x6 fuchs, 1 nice 4-lug fuchs with tire.

944 turbo brembo's brake calipers set of 4, Front & rear valances, Rockers, one of those crappy single carb setups, a small pairs of some strange carbs, Couple side shifts, some rear brake light buckets & lenses, couple hoods, couple engine lids, couple tops, some misc powder coated heater parts, some misc fuel injection.

Anyway this isn't a for sale add. You've got to come to the swap meet to get any of it. Just trying to entice you evilgrin.gif . I plan to drive my LE up either friday night or saturday morning. Then catch a ride home with the wife & leave the LE up there. Was going to try
to get my v8 up there too. Going to be tough though with me needing to bring a trailer full of parts up. Although if I would finally put the hitch on my v8 I could pull my 914 trailer up all packed with parts. Dang that would be really cool idea.gif
JRust
Kids are welcome too biggrin.gif
IM101
I will definitely be there Saturday and Sunday, sounds great, and wouldn’t want to miss the last one!
greenie
Hey Jamie,

Do you think it would be a good idea to drive my Taildragger down and put a for sale sign on her?

I was thinking of driving Greenie down but if there is a good turn-out I would take the white one instead.

Kelty was thinking of taking his Westy for an overnight but I'm not sure what he's up to.
JRust
QUOTE(greenie @ Jun 20 2012, 04:42 PM) *

Hey Jamie,

Do you think it would be a good idea to drive my Taildragger down and put a for sale sign on her?

I was thinking of driving Greenie down but if there is a good turn-out I would take the white one instead.

Kelty was thinking of taking his Westy for an overnight but I'm not sure what he's up to.

Yeah I would bring the taildragger! There should be a good turnout. It's the perfect place to showcase it. That is why I am driving the Creamsicle up. Just so it can be seen by Porsche people. There are always people there with money to spend. It's up to you though. Looks like rain friday & saturday with Sunday being nice. Kinda sucks for Saturday but Sunday is the swap meet. So depending on the weather confused24.gif . I really hope the turn out will be great. I can't say for sure though sad.gif . The BBQ saturday they do have a pretty big outbuilding to keep us dry if it's raining to bad. I'd be happy to put anyone up for the night that are coming down. Only thing is I am an hour south. I don't plan to camp as I need to come home saturday night to get all my parts
mstein95
I was just handed tickets to attend Saturday's Olympic Track & Field Trials here in Eugene so I won't be up until Sunday**.

**unless they're boring as hell then I'll be there Saturday afternoon.
JRust
QUOTE(mstein95 @ Jun 20 2012, 07:38 PM) *

I was just handed tickets to attend Saturday's Olympic Track & Field Trials here in Eugene so I won't be up until Sunday**.

**unless they're boring as hell then I'll be there Saturday afternoon.

Dude it's track wacko.gif . Yeah that actually could be cool. I was at the U of O track for state with my daughters. Eugene is flat ass weird with track. They have people who actually follow track & go to all the event's there. It's a strange culture I don't really get. I had an old guy who was talking to me at the State meet. He didn't have any relation to anyone there & didn't personally know any of the participants. He just loved track & follows it in the paper. He actually knew my daughters name when I mentioned it & what events she was in. She had made front page from Districts in Corvallis for a record jump. This dude follows track in the paper like it's a real sport rolleyes.gif . Cool old guy really & was fun to talk to. That is pretty typical of Eugene with track though. Besides I love track! It's about the only shot my girls have of getting some scholarship money sport wise. So track gets my full support biggrin.gif

Let me know when you are heading up Morgan. Sunday is looking like the best day weather wise anyway.
BKLA
I'm planning to come out either saturday or sunday... the '70 is in the shop at A&P getting a couple of things done... hopefully I can drive it out....
gunna wait to do the polizei graphics until the historic's tho... still need to paint a fender....
JRust
Sounds good Brett! I just heard from Dean who has the beautiful green suby conversion. He is coming down saturday. He's got some parts he is bringing for the swap meet. My booth should be pretty full with my parts, Deans & Ian suby conversion stuff. Still trying to see if I can get my hitch put on my v8 so I can bring the 914 trailer. Now we just need the impending rain to come early or not at all rolleyes.gif
JRust
Could everyone coming pipe in on when & if you plan to be there for the BBQ. I think we have a dozen or so coming. Some are just coming for a day. Just want to know when to expect you. They emailed me asking some about the count for the BBQ. They just want a rough count so they don't under buy. Same with overbuying obviously. I do plan to be there most the day tomorrow & stay for the BBQ. I'll head home not to long after the BBQ. Just need to get things all loaded & ready for the swap meet sunday morning.

See you all soon piratenanner.gif & my cell is 5four1 5one0 00eight6 . Thanks- Jamie
JRust
Got the LE all ready to go. Working on the hitch on the v8 all afternoon. Just need to fix my MC. Leaking fluid out one of the top seals. Stinking pedal flex pushes it down enough after a while it pops out.. i need to add a brace to fix that flex
cary
Myself and the Pelican 911 boys from Portland still plan on coming down Sunday AM.
We're meeting at Bridgeport at 7:30.
NORD

You all have a good time. Would like to be there but can't make it.

Post pictures. driving.gif
sawtooth
Truck is loaded with a lot of parts for the swap meet on Sunday. Jamie, I have the feeling we are going to need another booth. Here's a list of what I'll be bringing:
- A set of oem driving/fog lights
- Trailing Arms
- Axles
- f/g rocker panels
- very nice back window
- like new Italian (opaque/clear) front turn signal lenses
- Lots of latches, front/rear lid hinges, fastener hardware packages
- 4 front brake calipers
- nice rear targa bar chrome trim
- nice sail panel lower chrome trim
- pedal cluster
- very nice dash knee pad
- New QRS f/g rear deck lid w/spoiler
- more...
JRust
There is about 50 cars here. It awesome although only 3 914's so far
JRust
Dang i cant seem to post a pic from my phone. There are at least 70 old Porsches here its incredible.
I'll get pjcs up tonight
IM101
IPB Image
IM101
IPB Image
IM101
Some amazing cars here =)

IPB Image

IPB Image
Lennies914
Did anyone else notice that everyone is backed into their accept the 914's?

I guess that's because we're different. biggrin.gif
JRust
Okay here are finally some pics. Ian posted a few of the fields so I won't add to many of all those. I took 85 pics yesterday. The amount of 356's there & there shape they are in was astounding. I was drooley.gif all day over the many Beautiful Porsche's there. I have to admit my Creamsicle didn't look to out of place. I had many compliments & pictures taken of it yesterday.

Here are some pics from the Barn. Some stunning cars in there along with one very ratrodish 914 race car. I'm walking through & stop in my tracks. I think how in the hell is that sitting here in the middle of all these confused24.gif . They had raced in the 24hourse of lemans or whatever it is called as a fundraiser. The bike/ motorcycle was a trip. Had this old school leather strap for it's drive belt. Very cool bike though.

In the shop there was a sweet old Honda motorcycle with the skinniest tires I have ever seen on a motorcycle. I wish we could have had more 914's there. We had 5 at one time once. Other than that we stayed around 3 for most of it. Was a great weekend to finish off their 18year run of campouts.

It was great to see Dean (sawtooth) for the swap meet today. Although we didn't have to many 914 buyers. I sold a rear valance & a something else small. I can't remember what it was. Then of course I bought Dean's QRS rear deck lid. Just to keep up my streak of leaving poorer than I came to a swap meet evilgrin.gif
steuspeed
Thanks for posting those pics. I was on the fence about coming out. Hopefully there will be more teener events in the area I can attend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.