Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fs gauge cluster from a 75', fuel, tac, 150 speedo, more
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rhodyguy
imho this set is as good as used gets and require nothing other than to be installed in your car. a non-restored, matched set from the 75' w/a 150mph speedo. no prying off, painting the bezels, and ruining something. bright orange needles that all look the same and clear lenses. includes the correct plastic housing (looks new. no scratches, scuffs, etc), the 3 rubber rings, reset cable (no knob at this point. i'll look for one and include it if i find one), the set of bulbs, and the 4 correct mounting screws. if you need a housing with the provision for EGR i have one. i'll cover ins and confirm of delivery on my end. if you are not 100% satisfied with this set, i'll return all of your money no ? asked including the shipping you paid, and i'll pay for the return shipping. just return them in the same condition as when you opened the box. i'm that confident in them.

$185.00+shipping via flat rate USPS priority mail, 2-3 biz days. no paypal.

k
pilothyer
Does the trip meter work properly, Can it be reset to zero? After reseting to zero can the input to the speedometer be turned counterclockwise and the trip meter and the odometer both increment properly? If all the above are yes, I would be interested in the complete assembly..............Jerry
rhodyguy
no knob. i'm not going to attempt all that with pliers.

edit: allow me to clarify. when i drove the car that set was removed from the tach worked, the fuel gauge worked, and the speedo worked. i don't ever remember attempting to use the trip reset. the carport fell on the car during an ice storm this past winter and ruined the car. so for the record, i can't verify the trip reset feature is functional. i have no knob.

k
pilothyer
No Pliers Needed...You should be able to reset the trip to zero, knob or no knob, just turn the cable shaft (where the Knob was attached) clockwise and the trip numbers should all reset to 0000 after a few turns. Then simply use the same cable (it will just pull outof the trip reset hole) or another cable and put it in the speedometer Cable input and turn it counterclockwise (you can use a drill or whatever) and put on a mile or so and see...I will take it if it does increment properly, but I sure don't need another speedometer that has no odometer and trip...I have a box full already biggrin.gif I see your 100% satisfaction guarantee and paid return shipping but I would like to avoid all that if possible. Let me know if you are willing to verify this to avoid a possible return.....if not I guess I have no choice but to buy it and try it.
championgt1
icon_bump.gif Saw these gauges the other day. Amazing original condition!! GLWS
pilothyer
rhodyguy....OK, this does look like a very nice set and the fact that it includes the correct plastic mounting housing, the 3 rubber rings, the reset cable (no knob), the set of bulbs, and the 4 correct mounting screws make it even a better deal, not to even mention that guarantee that includes return shipping. How could I lose. I hope all features of the speedometer work properly but I am willing to buy it first and test it myself......Let me know Via PM how you would like payment for this shipped to 35603......Thanks..............Jerry
rhodyguy
pm sent jerry.

kevin
pilothyer
Hello Kevin....I received the gauge set and when I opened the well packaged box what I found inside was almost unbelievable. This is the nicest gauge cluster I have ever seen. It looks as though the entire cluster was taken right off a new car many years ago and kept in a time capsule. When I tested the set everything worked flawlessly. The speedometer works very well and the odometer as well as the trip meter increments perfectly as it should.....The reset cable works smoothly and resets the trip meter back to a very precise 0000. Needless to say I am very happy with this purchase from you and will certainly look forward to more of your offerings.......Thanks.........Jerry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.